“little gem” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Perth, Australia
“little gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

We have just spent 4 nights here ,missed out on a good view however there are so many other places to grab photos nearby it's no big deal,
Room was well cleaned even if rather late in the day ,again no drama,
Food was great there and Megan in the bar was fantastic great service and great tips about things to do including great near by bars (most hotel bars are closed by 10)if you require a great hangover !
The location is great easy for trams and all the other trolley cars and buses.
Would recommend this as good place if you like smaller more hotels s with that home time feel.

Room Tip: we asked fore a view and didn't get one, but heaps of great view every where in sfo
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank freedomwheels289
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thanks, freda289! I have just forwarded your kind words to Meg's managers over at the Blue Mermaid. I am thrilled that her great service at the bar helped create that "home feel" and boutique experience for you here at the Argonaut. As for the great hangover? Well, look no further than the Buena Vista cafe for Irish Coffee next door... or Jack's for beers across the courtyard, that place has so many on tap you can really get yourselves in trouble...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,045)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

While the picturesque maritime setting is given full and effective play in the hotel's decor, the rooms -- and bathrooms -- are actually surprisingly spare for the price, e.g. only one chair per room, even in deluxe double rooms, and little drawer space. What makes the hotel special, however, is its marvelous staff. Every staff member we dealt with was invariably friendly and helpful. I can honestly say that the staff contributed immensely to the pleasure of our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hello, Audubon461,
This was so heartwarming to read, and I have already shared it with all of the managers so that they can show their teams that their caring service is noticed and APPRECIATED.
Thank you for taking the time!
Stuart, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

We arrived to the Argonaut to be greeted by a cheerful receptionist. She saw we had a three year old so upgraded us to a larger room so we could have more space for our family. The room was clean and tidy but the lighting was poorly planned. The concierge was helpful and went the extra mile to accommodate our desired plans. The hotel has a great staff and super location and provides good value in an otherwise very expensive city.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Donovan930
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Hello, Donovan930! I hope that you got a chance to meet "our Donavan," the tall and friendly doorman out front. In any case, I can see the team shined and the concierge helped out with your adventures! I'm glad everyone enjoyed and you got that nice feeling of value.
Stuart, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

Enjoyed our stay. We returned to the Argonaut for a second visit. The hotel offers a running map. The route is amazing and goes along the Bay towards the Golden Gate Bridge. Envious of those who get to run that course daily. The hotel staff were very attentive and the housekeeping was excellent. Both rooms we stayed in were similar. The first time we stayed our view was of the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz and a trolley station. When we booked the second time the rooms with a view were not avail. Def. doesn't hurt to ask for one. Both rooms we were able to open our windows and enjoy the Bay breeze. Make sure you don't get an inside room. Those rooms look out to a bland brick courtyard.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Bay and Wharf are preferable.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks, Samara E! I'm delighted to see you're already a loyal repeat visitor. The waterfront location here does have its allure, especially if you can get your hands on one of our free bike rentals or hop a ferry boat across the Bay (can you tell I'm not much of a jogger :)? -- though I'm glad you enjoyed our map!) I also love those exterior rooms where the windows open up to the Bay breezes. Keep in mind that if the View (top) category of rooms is sold out, we do also offer a Deluxe tier with similar amenities.
We'll look forward to your third visit!
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

To be honest, I would normally have stayed at the Westin as I have used them before, but chose this hotel based on good reviews and the location. I used the shared shuttle service from the airport and was the last person to be dropped off at their hotel. This meant I got to see three other big, well known hotels on the way. I am sure they are very nice but they are all in amongst other buildings and you could be in any city in the world. We came over the top of a hill and I saw the bay - it took my breath away. Then we arrived at the Argonaut. It could not be in a more beautiful location. I was greeted first by the fantastic doorman who treated me like an old friend he was expecting. The rest of the hotel staff were the same. I have never stayed in a hotel and received such a welcome as this. I had a king bay view room (Room 416) and could see the Golden Gate Bridge, the Bay and the Cable Car turnaround from my window. The room was large and very comfortable. Although the hotel is in Fisherman's Wharf it is tucked away at the end so is not in the really busy touristy bit. I love this place - and if you stay there I am sure you will too.

Room Tip: If you want a great view ask for room 416 or another with a similar view. Some have views of the br...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Happy202
Thank you so much, Happy202!
I just love this story of your shuttle passing by the other hotels and then... suspense... you arrive at the waterfront and find our little hideaway at the end of Jefferson Street in the brick Cannery building. Very cool moment, and what we boutique hoteliers always hope you'll experience approaching one of our hotels. Thank you for sharing!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

I just had a lovely weekend at the Argonaut in SF. The staff is lovely, specifically Federico, the bellmen, and concierge. The manager Annette is also highly professional and responsive. My room was a king with a sitting area and was very clean, beautifully decorated, and provided a very comfortable sleep. The restaurant is also good for breakfast and lunch. The lobby is comfortable and smells like fresh cookies and waffle cones that permeate from the neighboring Ben & Jerry's, which is obviously amazeballs. The Kimpton in touch program is also excellent and gives free credits as well as points toward future stays. It also caters to women travelers and the LGBT community; it's nice to know the hotel fosters an inclusive setting. I would recommend this hotel to everyone, despite the potentially over-touristy nature of fisherman's wharf as it is nonetheless a convenient location.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
AlexMStunts, you crack me up!
I love this image of you soaking up the smell of waffle cones when it drifts into the lobby! As you say, the thing about being in an area that attracts tourists is that there's a lot to see, do, and taste. From the sea lions at Pier 39 (cutest ever!) to the Aquatic Park mini-beach next door, there is a lot to take in just within our mile of waterfront. I definitely recommend checking out some of the more residential neighborhoods nearby, too, though, like Russian Hill, North Beach, or the Marina. But I digress! Most importantly, I should thank you for recognizing the team's efforts, and giving that special praise to Federico and Annette! We appreciate your time and hope to see you again soon.
Istanbul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

Argonaut Hotel is a gem in the Fisherman's Wharf area. Great location and beautiful rooms. Places to visit nearby.. Go jogiing to Golden Gate Bridge through Chrissy Field, visit the Marina, go surfing near the beach, have breakfast in Fisherman's Wharf, rent a bike from the hotel and ride through the Presidio Park, tkae the cable car to Pacific Heights.. Definitely a winner for a touristic visit to San Francisco with family or friends or as a couple..

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FiddlingTravelNotes
Thanks, FiddlingTravelNotes!
I'm delighted that you loved the location and rooms here, and of course a free bike rental never hurts, right? The views from the cable car as it ascends Pac Heights still take my breath away.