Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel
$375
$222
  • Pool
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
$209
$159
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $213/night.

$256
$236
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $263/night.

$179
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $204/night.

$215
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $239/night.

$219
Courtyard
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $262/night.

Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$378
$305
Omni Hotels
  • Room Service
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)
$219
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $255/night.

Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$498
$220
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $314/night.

$299
$254
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $281/night.

6,196 results
All reviewsnautical themeblue mermaidfisherman's wharfthe golden gate bridgecable carchowdermaritime museumgreat locationghirardelli squareirish coffeebuena vistabay viewking suitewharf areaaround the cornerwine receptionevery evening
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was our 8th visit to this hotel, once again it has never failed us.
On arrival the receptionist was very polite, helpful and courteous, as we were celebrating my wife's birthday and our wedding anniversary we were greeted in our room with a nice bottle of wine and chocolates, we were really made welcome.
The hotel is well situated for all amenities, Pier39 is close and just round the corner is the famous San Francisco cable cars which run directly to Union Square.
Every evening the hotel has a free wine tasting session. There is also a maritime museum within the hotel.
Rooms are exceptionally clean and the beds very comfortable.
Would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to returning next year which will be our 9th visit.

Room Tip: All rooms are exceptionally good, but the rooms facing the Golden Gate bridge has a wonderful view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Hi, Reesgillvin! I think an 8-visit record from a UK resident is the best compliment we've seen in a while. THANK YOU! If we haven't met yet, I hope to say hello and welcome back on visit # 9 :)...

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here on a trip through California.We started our trip in LA and work our way up the coast of California.We stayed in four different hotels.The Argonaut was by far my favorite hotel.The location is perfect.My two children (15 & 12) loved it as well. The doormen were very friendly and very helpful. Terry at the concierges was very helpful as well.
At 5 o'clock they had a cocktail hour with free cocktails. My husband and I had a cocktail while the kids played the Wii in the lobby and checkers. They even had a scavanger hunt for them.The room was very clean.I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2013

Hi, 117brinkley!
I am so jealous of your coastal tour -- it sounds great! I'm so happy we were your "fave hotel" and the kids had a great time, too. Adults are never as good as kids at playing Wii at wine hour, that's for sure... did you get to check out the restaurant after wine hour? We are trying to show off "chowder shot" samplers whenever we can to liven up the party each night!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was an amazing hotel. Everyone was especially helpful and the wine hour each evening was more similar to a cozy, friendly party than the usual jam of people at the standard hotel happy hour. It's the quieter end of Jefferson St and very close to the cable car turnaround and Ghiradelli Square. Loved our spacious comfy room!

Room Tip: Our room looked over the Cannery courtyard but we could see the Bay.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ElleF387

ElleF387,
Thanks so much for your review. We are indeed lucky to enjoy this quiet spot at the end of the waterfront. We must have some things in common because the location and room size here are some of my favorite features. San Francisco hotel rooms can get a little "cozy" so it's nice to be able to lounge in the evenings after a long day exploring the city. Tough work, but someone has to do it!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

The staff at this hotel are exceptional, we found that every single member of staff we encountered couldn't have been more friendly and helpful, we were made to feel welcome and that they really cared that we enjoyed our stay. We had comfortable beds in a room with no view, with slightly strange nautical decoration for an old cannery, but the warm welcome and continuing excellent customer care overcame any niggles we may have had about the room. The location is excellent, right on the shore and there are plenty of places to eat in the evening, trolley bus terminus right round the corner, and plenty of activities or excursions available from nearby.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you, SamScram! I'm thrilled that the crew here were the star of the show and you had a great stay due to their warm and friendly service. Whenever I'm having a difficult day, I know they can crack me up. Even Blase with his corny jokes :).

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I had read so many great reviews about this hotel which is why I chose to stay here as part of our honeymoon. The location is excellent, right on Fisherman's Wharf, close to stops for bus tours and cable cars with plenty of cafe's and restaurants and tourist attractions, the room was a reasonable size and although in a busy location, was quiet. There are animal print dressing gowns, a bit different! And slipper socks for each guest. We were given a bottle of champagne on arrival which was a nice surprise. However we did have few problems, when we first arrived, we were only on their system as staying for 3 nights, not 4 as we had booked and the hotel was fully booked on the 4th night. After initial panic and a phone call to the travel company, this was sorted. I was also really disappointed with our view from the room, I wasn't expecting a view of the Golden Gate Bridge in a standard room, but I was not expecting a view of other people's rooms! Just be careful when you book, if you want any sort of view, you will have to ask for an upgrade from a standard room. Also, because we were traveling for 3 weeks we needed some laundry doing, we put it in before 9am the day before we were leaving, it was supposed to be back at 6pm but no sign, after several phone calls by us over the space of 2 hours, it appeared our laundry was lost! The next morning, my husband went to the front desk where it transpired, our laundry had not been done :-( staff offered to do it for us for 1pm but we had to leave before then. I wouldn't discourage people from staying here, I think its a nice enough hotel, I just think it was unfortunate we had a few problems.

Room Tip: Don't go for a standard room if you want any sort of view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank missnach

Hello, Missnach,
Thanks for the heads up about that laundry incident! Yours must have been the situation we discussed in manager meeting last week. We have implemented a new protocol to ensure a set department looks out for the pick-up process each day so there's no more of things lost in the shuffle. I know these details matter, so thanks for bringing it up! I'm glad you still loved the location and had a good time overall.