Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$175
$161
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$267
$165
$491
$194
  • Pool
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$228
$195
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
$269
$259
ComfortInn
  • Breakfast included
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$240
$179
  • Restaurant
Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Downtown(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$257
$229
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Sir Francis Drake Hotel(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$200
$158
$408
Hotelpower.com
6,122 results
All reviewsnautical themeblue mermaidfisherman's wharfthe golden gate bridgecable carchowdermaritime museumgreat locationghirardelli squareirish coffeebuena vistabay viewking suitewine hourwharf areawine receptionevery evening
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Just spent 4 days in San Francisco for our 25th Anniversay and husbands birthday. Chose the Argonaut Hotel as it looked like it had some character and different than usual chain hotels. it was fabulous. it is located in wharf area and you can walk everywhere. Cable cars are just outside hotel, hop on and off buses one street over. You can walk to Pier 33 which is where you get boat to Alxatrez, Pier 39 which has restaurants, Aquarium, sea lions, shopping, and Fishermans Wharf is 5 minute walk.
The hotel staff were friendly, informative and helpful. When we arrived at Midnight, our room was upgraded and bottle of champagne was on ice. Every evening between 5 and 6 there is happy hour, free wine and beer. there. Is a donation jar for helping women get back into workforce with dress to success and it was full every night.
The restaurant attached to the hotel was the Blue Mermaid, we had breakie there every morning and had dinner there twice, again staff friendly and very accommodating , food great.

San Francisco is an absolute bucket list city, would We go back, you bet we would absolutely stay at the Argonaut Hotel again, and will recommend it to all my friends. it is clean, great location and great staff.

Room Tip: There is no spa or pool,
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Snoebunny
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Hi, Snoebunny! Thanks for the rave review. It's great that the staff was informative and helpful (and I'm sure the bubbly didn't hurt ;) ). We have some "Live Local" recommendations from our staff on the lobby iPad, too. It is always fun to see people playing with it at wine hour. I'm glad to hear we've been on a roll with the charity donations at the reception! Cheers.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

From the minute Steve opened the door to the minute we left, the time at The Argonaut was superb. Steve the doorman is someone that is probably noted in these reviews a lot. He had the energy to match my 6 year old boy. He made jokes and got their attention very quickly. He helped us get situated and made sure the dog was comfortable too.

There were other staff members that I don't remember the names of, but all were accommodating.

This hotel near Fisherman's Wharf is perfectly situated very near Golden Gate Park. I was able to run a 4 mile route one morning that had spectacular views and lots of flat track.

As with most Kimpton's the dog had a great time too. The hotel loves pets and they go out of their way to show it. The front desk staff worked with us on any little request we had and were always ready to serve. They gave one restaurant rec that turned out ok, but I think it was merely a difference of opinion in what type of Italian food we wanted.

The lobby reception that is part of all Kimptons was great. My wife noted it was the best one we've experienced. They added Anchor Steam beer to the wine offering. I would have appreciated cheese/crackers/something to go with the happy hour, but then I guess it becomes a meal they don't really want to serve.

We did not try the restaurant but it was crowded most days.

All in all, this being our third Kimpton in a row, it was another great stay. I'd say we are firmly in the Kimpton camp now.

Room Tip: Outside rooms are great, but can be far from the elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Hi, Treehouse Man,

Isn't it funny that no matter how fun and friendly the team here is, Steve can still manage to outshine them sometimes? He really is a character and his passion for both people and animals really shines through.

I'm glad you are a Kimpton loyalist now! If you haven't already, you will probably want to sign up for our loyalty club, Kimpton InTouch. Check it out online; it's free to join, no strings attached, and the benefits are great!

Cheers and thanks for visiting!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have stayed here several times here, both with our kids and as a couple, and have never had a bad experience. The last time was in January. We were up north for a quick weekend away and a little business. This rooms are not huge, but well appointed and very clean. The beds are comfortable and there was a nice chair and ottaman to relax in & a desk to get some work done. Free wifi is a bonus when you join their club. From the moment we arrived we were well taken care and made to feel special. I had requested extra pillows when I made the reservations and they were in our room. We have never had any staff that was anything more than professional, friendly, and caring.

The wine hour is such a nice treat at the end of a nice afternoon out and before a delicious meal in the city. In the evenings we would come back and sit in front of the fireplace with a nice hot chocolate or coffee and enjoy the quiet. I have recommended this property to several friends and they have enjoyed it just as much.

By the way, if you're looking for the best places to visit or grab a great bite, ask the concierge, they know all the great spots.

The location is perfect, at the end of the cable car line on the water by ghirardelli. Walking distance to Fishermans Warf and Pier 39.

Room Tip: Get a room that looks over the exterior
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi, Twinzmommy,
I'm glad you had a cozy and relaxed time by the fire at the wine hour! Can I be on vacation here :)? I just let the concierge know how useful their tips were, too! Thanks a lot!

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is right across the street from the bay and within walking distance to the wharf. Right around the corner is the trolly turn around and the Buena vista resturant known for their Irish coffees. We were there every night! Hotel rooms were clean but not fancy.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thanks, EKangos! The Irish coffees are so addictive, but I suppose it doesn't matter when you can just walk across the street and fall into bed, right? I hope you got a chance to stroll the pier or walk the beach, too! (I can't believe I worked here 6 weeks before I did that-- shameful!)

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Ideal! That is the word that sums up our choice to stay at The Argonaut. It was the perfect launch location to see all that the city and beyond has to offer. We enjoyed soap opera type days, meaning it felt like we had 3 days in 1. Due to the convenient location and nearby amenities, their was little time spent getting to a "top 10 things to do while in San Fran" activity. Bicycle rentals are right outside the door. Do NOT miss your chance to go to Sausalito or even a little further to see the Redwoods. Highlight of our long weekend. DO NOT miss the farmer's market for breakfast at the Pier. This is where all the locals go. Make it all the way in and around. Everything is bigger in San Fran including the produce. The famous Trolley is a stone's throw from the entrance. The Alcatraz ferry is a three minute walk. The on site restaurant is fabulous for drinks at the bar or late dinner. The sushi restaurant outside is terrific. Little Italy, Chinatown and the Coit Tower walk are all nearby. Do not miss taking the famous walk UP to Coit Tower by way of Telegraph Hill. ALCATRAZ!! well worth the trip. Did you know it was built as military outpost during the Civil War...for the UNION. This is where Lincoln sent traitors.

Wonderful Front Desk reception and a Fabulous Concierge!!Let her help you map your days out. Dining and walks and all. She knows how to fit alot into your day. Clean hotel. We will return for certain.

Room Tip: Do not book the "interior room". If you wait a little bit, you may find a good rate to upgrade to courtyard. Ocean is ideal but Courtyard was fun too.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks so much, Heartley! I'm so glad that our hotel was the perfect launchpad for all of these adventures. You really packed a ton in! I've shared your kudos with the team as well, especially the concierge. Hope to see you again next time!