One of my friends used to work for a bank that had a contract with Club Quarters and thus, whenever he travelled for business he was forced to stay in one. He describes them as "corporate prisons" and now I know why.
It's not that there's anything WRONG with this hotel, per se. Yea, the rooms are on the small side, and there isn't much in the way of amenities although the free water and wi-fi are nice. But there just isn't anything RIGHT about the hotel either. The rooms really feel like a hospital room with carpet and a regular mattress. The bathrooms are especially hospital-room like with plain white tile and complete absence of character.
The walls definitely are paper thin, and the lifts are incredibly slow. The following must be true for you to enjoy a stay at Club Quarters:
1. Good rate (under $100 night)
2. You don't plan to use the room for anything but a place to sleep
3. You're not looking for any kind of concierge or guest service
It's pretty much everything self-serve here. This is the corporate equivalent of a youth hostel. MANY better choices in San Francisco and elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Quarters, San Francisco provides contemporary, efficient accommodations in an inviting, club-like atmosphere with 346 rooms located in the center of the prime business district and a short distance from Embarcadero Center, the city's most prestigious office complex, with shopping, movies, and restaurants. The hotel is minutes to fine dining, shopping, and entertainment. A short walk to Market Street and most downtown points of interest, such as Chinatown, Union Square and North Beach. Club Quarters provides:• Safe, restricted entry• Fast and easy self check-in and check-out• Fast, free high speed internet access throughout the hotel• Onsite restaurant • Multi-menu in-room dining options (through onsite restaurant and many local restaurants)• Refrigerator and microwave available• Unlimited complimentary chilled purified bottled water • 5 meeting and event rooms available (maximum reception style 100 people)• Free use of computer/printer • Ergonomic workstations• State of the art guest rooms with premium bedding• Contemporary furnishings• Flat panel HD TVs• Complimentary coffee and tea• 24 hour guest service desk • Fitness room • Exercise equipment delivered to guest room upon request • Corporate Apartments available • Value rates• Government per diem rates 365 day a year with valid ID• Laundry facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Quarters San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel Quarters San Francisco
- Club Quarters Hotel San Francisco