“I'm loving it”

Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco
Ranked #15 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed July 3, 2009

I have been here 5 weeks now and find this place to be very comfortable and safe - a real plus for a woman alone. I am in a "small one bedroom apartment" with a patio/terrace which makes it all seem so much bigger. I am able to cook in the pullman style kitchen - it's all I need. I wish there were more than 2 washers and dryers on the lower level but again - not a big deal. For the price, this place is great for a long term stay. The staff is very friendly and helpful - my few complaints have been handled very promptly and completely. The weekly maid service and twice weekly trash pick up is adequate to keep it clean. The biggest drawback was that the Elephant and Castle Pub next door is supposed to give me a discount and they can never ever get it right and their service is slooowww

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed June 25, 2009

To everyone who has give this a bad review, to everyone who has complained that the rooms are to small, Too dark, too noisy at night, too much external noise, or that there was one to help carry your bags, I’ll say this, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!! A lot of reviews want Fairmont standards in a less than $100 a night, that not going to happen.

What I paid for and got in return was fantastic. There are a lot of reviews saying that the rooms are to small, which to a certain degree is right (they are not Fairmont size rooms), however do you go to San Francisco and sit in your room all day complaining about the size, most people only stay in their rooms to shower and sleep, then does it matter what size the room is? Our room had a bedroom and a separate living room, we had two TV , a large desk, sofa bed, kitchenette and over looked the ferry terminal building!!

This hotel is supposed to have a 3.5 star rating, that is not the case. 2.5 - 3 maybe, at a push. The reason that this hotel is so cheap is because they do cut back on certain ‘standard’ hotel items such as the number of towels you have in the room, the frequency that they renew the shampoo etc in the washroom etc.

I booked through price line and got this hotel. After reading the reviews on this website, I was a little nervous about staying here, but after my visit I would book this hotel again. This hotel is great value in a great location, what more can you ask for, for about $100 a night??

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2009

Bathroom smelled
Sheets never cleaned Not even comforter
When we arrived the bedding smelled
Every morning they'd fix sheets and the same stains were still there
Bedding sticky you could even smell people residue on them upon arrival
Halls dark and dingy

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2009

I definitely don't think this place is a 3.5 star for Priceline, but it met our needs perfectly. We paid $114 for one night. Since it's in San Fran (downtown...location worked well,) we weren't in the room much. The room was much larger than expected after reading some other people's reviews. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom had room to put our stuff down. It's not a fancy place, but it met our needs perfectly and I'd be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2009

Priceline booked me at Club Quarters in San Francisco, which it reflected as 3 1/2 stars. Our experience at this hotel is awful. I traveled with an infant and my wife. The bed was too small for even two. Hotel desk asked me to sleep on the floor. Being with no options, I opted to and requested a Bedsheet and a Comforter. They did not provide either an extra Bed Sheet or a Comforter.
The staff was rude and highly non co-operative.
This hotel experience was a nightmare, spoiled my entire trip.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank RingCeremony
Reviewed May 4, 2009

My husband and I live in the East Bay. We had a one night certificate from our stay at Club Quarters in London. The entire hotel had water problems one morning. Since we have the certificate we decided to have dinner and spend the night at Club Quarters in San Francisco. The location is very close to Embarcardero and BART. Well, the room was clean, but we felt that we were spending the night in the closet. The San Francisco's Club Quarters was no comparison to London's. The common room didn't have wine/ soda hours. The floor didn't have a water dispenser with individual. The front desk staff was rude.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2009

Pros
$80 a night, so inexpensive for SF (thank you, Priceline)
close to the embarcardero
close to the BART station
loved the guest comfort station
wonderful front desk personnel

Cons:
When we checked in, our floor was fine. When we came back after dinner, our entire floor smelled like an Indian restaurant was in full production. Blech! That smell lingered for 3 days.
Thin walls