If you would rather open your own doors, carry your own bags, get your own extra blankets and pillows and store your own snacks and beverages in your room refrigerator, then this is the hotel for you. Because of the great price I spent a little extra on the kitchenette which consisted of a sink, fairly large refrigerator, microwave and plates, bowls and silverware. If you don't have time to shop for basic snacks and beverages, you can have the hotel shop for you for from a limited grocery list for a service charge of $2.50. A coffee maker, coffee, coffee mugs and real half-and-half were also provided.
The room itself was spacious and comfortable. The queen size bed had down pillows and a down comforter. Room climate was controlled by a thermostat control in the room. The window opened so I was able to let in some fresh air. There was a comfortable workstation with easy-to-access electircal outlets and a desk lamp. They even provided a couple dictionaries and books to read. The clock-radio had an easy-to-set alarm and even gave me the option of plugging in my iPod or other MP3 player (it was not a docking station, however).
The bathroom was small but very clean. It had just a shower stall with an adjustable height hand-held sprayer. A magnifying cosmetic mirror, hair dryer and basic amenities (shampoo, soap, mouthwash) were adequate.
There were 2 small nightstands with 2 drawers that were large enought for me to unpack my entire week's worth of clothes. There was also a padded hanger and standard wooden hangers in the closet. I personally don't iron, but for those who do, the ironing board and iron are located in a "guest closet" down the hall, along with extra blankets, pillows, coffee, creamer and sweetener.
There were also nice amenities in the hotel. The bottled water station was very convenient as was the coffee station in the club room just off the lobby. The club room was a comfortable spot to meet in the mornings before heading off to the office. If you don't want the standard hotel coffee, a Starbucks is right next door.
The front desk clerk, Peter, was very helpful in recommending restaraunts within walking distance. He suggested a French bistro, Jacks on Jaunte, which was fabulous!
One evening we had drinks at the attached Elephant & Castle. It was a nice pub and the prices were affordable.
Checkout was quick and easy via one of the three self-serve kiosks in the lobby.
I will definitely be staying at Club Quarters next time I'm in San Francisco on business. I would not stay here with family, however, as the rooms were really not large enough for more than one or two people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Quarters, San Francisco provides contemporary, efficient accommodations in an inviting, club-like atmosphere with 346 rooms located in the center of the prime business district and a short distance from Embarcadero Center, the city's most prestigious office complex, with shopping, movies, and restaurants. The hotel is minutes to fine dining, shopping, and entertainment. A short walk to Market Street and most downtown points of interest, such as Chinatown, Union Square and North Beach. Club Quarters provides:• Safe, restricted entry• Fast and easy self check-in and check-out• Fast, free high speed internet access throughout the hotel• Onsite restaurant • Multi-menu in-room dining options (through onsite restaurant and many local restaurants)• Refrigerator and microwave available• Unlimited complimentary chilled purified bottled water • 5 meeting and event rooms available (maximum reception style 100 people)• Free use of computer/printer • Ergonomic workstations• State of the art guest rooms with premium bedding• Contemporary furnishings• Flat panel HD TVs• Complimentary coffee and tea• 24 hour guest service desk • Fitness room • Exercise equipment delivered to guest room upon request • Corporate Apartments available • Value rates• Government per diem rates 365 day a year with valid ID• Laundry facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Quarters San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel Quarters San Francisco
- Club Quarters Hotel San Francisco