Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco
$245
$208
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$418
$209
$336
$222
  • Pool
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$212
$197
Hotels.com
$220
$208
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
$310
$239
  • Restaurant
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$419
$254
$279
$209
  • Room Service
3,343 results
All reviewsthe financial districtfront deskpurified watergreat locationearly checkembarcadero centerferry buildingbusiness travelerrooms are smallbusiness tripcoffee machinequeen bedgreat roombart stationfew blocksmarket streetpublic transportation
Reviewed November 27, 2008

This was my first stay at a Club Quarters hotel, and I chose it for its location at the Embarcadero area of San Francisco, which I find to be a terrific location for a base to explore the city. The hotel is quite nice. I found the bathroom to be surprisingly small for an American hotel, though.

They serve great coffee in the lobby in the morning, and there is free internet access in the lobby from a statinary computer they have.

Also, the hotel has no parking, so if you rent a car be prepared for very high parking rates at area garages. Generally, you don't need a car in San Francisco, necessarily, but I was on a business trip, and had to travel to the suburbs as well.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2008

My girlfireind and i just got back from a girls weekend at San Fransico. We had a great time.....our room was a kitchnette on the fifth floor. We asked for a quieter room in the hotel and i believe we ended up on the west side of the building. Every day we ran into our maid and she was very polite and asked us each day if we wanted our room done.....we were helping conserve water and put the do not need service door hanger on, but she wanted to make sure we were taken care of.....very polite and all other staff was very helpful in answering questions. I would stay there again....

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2008

My wife and I live in the South Bay Area and attended a weekend wedding in SF (Oct'08).

For some reason there were alot of events in the the City that weekend and every hotel I tried was sold out. I then managed to book Hotwire for 3.5* hotel (plus it was a good price)... I got the Club Quarters hotel. I looked up CQ on Trip Advisor and after reading some of the reviews I was slightly nervous that the Wife would be angry at me for lack of romantic stay in SF.

I pre-warned my wife I wasn't able to book a super romantic hotel. I called CQ in advance and asked for quiet room as high up as possible. When we arrived the Clerk was very polite and gave us room 1105. Upon entering our room we were pleasantly surprised (helps to lower your expectations in advance). I think they upgraded us to a suite. We had views of City skyline and partial view of Bay. Queen bed, kitchenette, couch, etc. Nice breezes when the windows were open. Starbuck's next door made for easy mornings and kitchenette handy for some late night snacks. The hotel back corner we were in was very private and quiet and we enjoyed our weekend stay (especially for the <$200/weekend_night price I paid). The Wife is a tough customer but she actually really enjoyed her stay and said she would stay there again.

I found free parking pretty easily around the corner on the street (most SF hotels $30+/night for parking).

I think alot depends on the room you get. I got lucky (for a change). Overall, the hotel is not one of these swanky uber-hotels but it was clean and fairly new, the staff was always timely and courteous, and great location in Financial District.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2008

I checked into the club quarters when I couldn't get a room at the Hyatt Regency for a conference I was attending. Club Quarters admits both regular visitors and also members of its club, who get a discounted rate. Overall, I think the place provides pretty good value for your money, especially if you are a member. It is well located in the heart of the business district and very close to china town and the embarcadero. I loved the free internet; it always amazes me that the more expensive joints (yes Hyatt, that's you!) always stick on these little ticky-tack extra charges; at Club quarters, it is clear their goal is to provide clean, efficient hotel rooms at a good price. The room was pleasant in a mod sort of way, and it seemed designed in a practical way, with a nice desk for work, and a shower-only instead of a space-consuming tub. The other reviewers are right about the noise although - you can easily hear people in the hall outside, though I didn't notice much noise from my neighbors. I think they get a pretty considerate bunch of guests, who seem to be pretty quiet. I will consider joining the "club" to try out other branches of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2008

You know it's bad when you sneeze and the people in the next room bless you (actually happened). We could hear the lightest of sounds from both of our neighbors, and they weren't loud people. I can't ever imagine staying here again; it's the biggest lack of privacy I have ever experienced in a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple