“Amazing”

Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco
Ranked #15 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My family and I stayed at Club Quarters for the weekend. We had an amazing time! I was not only impressed by the hotel but the guest services were equally amazing! The hotel amenities were practical and the hotel served our purpose. I was impressed due to it's reasonable rates and amenities offered. They had everything we needed. They also served free coffee in the lobby lounge as well as free complimentary bottled water on every floor.

John and Lenin who were both at the front desk helped my family during our stay. Our room was upgraded into a suite! We had a kitchen which was very helpful, since we had two children who got hungry in the middle of the night.

Thanks for the great stay guys!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Esperanza G

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Great room with full kitchen. The room was very small, but it was clean and had everything we needed. The parking is across the street which is kind of a pain if you are going in and out, but not far if you aren't using your car much. Great location for business, decent location for vacation. Great weekend rates. Best part of the hotel is the free filtered water with empty water bottles on every floor for you to fill and use. Every hotel should have this! Great work area with fire place downstairs. Quiet room. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I'd never stayed at a Club Quarters before and was interested in trying it out. While the location was good, the hotel fell short in a few areas, especially cleanliness. Let me start with my room, which was smaller than expected. Upon entry, I immediately noticed a strong smell of sweat - yuck! I turned on the AC which helped a little but it didn't totally get rid of the unpleasant smell. The bathroom - the shower curtain had a really strong mildew smell which was gross. I also wasn't a big fan of the "check yourself in using a kiosk" format. Overall I wasn't impressed.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 26, 2014

As a professional with a hectic work schedule I needed a quick weekend retreat. I researched for a place to stay that was close but affordable. This hotel was affordable, convenient, and had great amenities. The room was very nice, comfortable and the service was good. I have to say there were a couple of people who made my stay more enjoyable, Sarbi and Jon were great.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Stayed here over the weekend and really enjoyed my stay. Conveniently located to many popular SF areas and good restaurants. Room was clean, quiet but a little small. No problem because we took advantage of the $25 suite upgrade. Staff was very courteous and friendly, Sarbi recommended a great hotel for breakfast, Mo's Grill which is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. Loved the sun deck on the 11th floor which gave a great view and a quiet place to relax.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I recently stayed at the Club Quarters in San Francisco and am looking forward to staying at other properties. From the get go the people that work there took care of us. They were very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a small room with a queen and the only complaint I have is that thequeen was pretty small but they rectified this by finding us a two twins and moved us with no additional cost. This was a great room and we were very happy with the change.

The coffee machine in the lobby is a dream, I am an avid coffee drinker, delish and all you can drink. Each cup is individually made and you have a wide choice of beverages. I'd just say they should add hot cocoa for the non-coffee/tea drinkers. Just a suggestion. The common room with the coffee machine was gorgeous with a lovely fireplace and lots of room to do whatever you need to do. We were on vacation so this was not a business trip - although I would definitely use for both.

The rooftop terrace was lovely with the Transamerica building as your backdrop and the Embarcadero's in front of you. The location is prime. Parking is separate but that is the norm, you can park in front and get all settled in and then around the corner, about 2 min drive or walk is parking for $33 a day. Bart is about 10 minute walk and easy as pie to use even for non-urbanites.

The room service was stellar, they have 4 restaurants you can order from and the two we did - breakfast from the restaurant on site, which name escapes me but is an English pub was divine...love room service and the pizza from Napoli's was divine but just need to remember to tell 'em to bake it longer, I'm a NYer and like my crust crispy and greasy! The hotel staff is the ones that deliver and it goes on your bill which is super convenient. The weekend cost of the hotel is the best in the city, I know as I travel there quite often and lived there for 11 years too.

The staff is stellar. Everyone treated us first class. You can get a cab right across the street at the cab stand and they will go out of their way to help you with any little thing. Free bottled water and reasonable prices on all things makes this place perfect for every budget.

I highly recommend this hotel and will be staying there every time I stay in SF in the future, which is about every 2 months for pleasure, mainly concerts.

I don't think there was a pool or spa, if there was, I'll definitely check them out and update my review in the future.

I am also going to find out the names of the staff that helped us oh, one was Lennin, I remember that because it is my family name but spelled differently.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor and loved it. Both rooms were on the 5th floor. Definitely check out th...