“Good donuts any time of the night”

Bob's Donuts & Pastry Shop
Ranked #8 of 117 Bakeries in San Francisco
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Went here very late one evening, the donuts were fresh and the service was good.
The location is handy to Nob Hill and the nearby Trader Joes.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We visited last month and this place was recommended to us by a long time resident of San Francisco so we knew we had to check it out. And we were so glad we did! The glazed and jelly filled were my favorites. The jelly filled was actually a donut that had been sliced in half horizontally and spread with a generous amount of jelly and then topped with the other half of the donut so that every bite had jelly, kind of like a sandwich. Unlike most jelly donuts where a squirt of jelly is piped into the donut and you're lucky if you get 2 or 3 bites of it.

All of the donuts are placed in the windows so that even if you just happen upon this place walking by the sight and smells of all the yummy donuts will draw you in. They even have some huge donuts the size of a large cake or pie! And they're open 24 hrs a day. Really delicious! If you love donuts you have to try this place if you're visiting San Francisco.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We went here because of ta reviews and are so glad we did. Yummy yummy yummy! Definitely not the cleanest place I've ever been in, but I let that go. The coffee not the best, but the donuts were to die for. It was a little hard to order as the donut cases all were in the window facing the street. I felt a little pressured to order our 6 donuts quickly due to line

1  Thank shellyb72
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Wow, EXCELLENT donuts! The best donut I ever had was from this place. Their crumb donut was the best donut I have EVER eaten! Omg, just thinking about it makes me want more. Next time I'm back in town, I will definitely have to get a dozen of just the crumb donuts!!!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Read about this in Saveur magazine and knew we had to visit when we were in San Fran. Sadly we got there around 9:30pm because I had heard that they were open 24 hours a day. Unfortunately they don't start making fresh donuts until a few hours later. We got some older donuts and they were amazing! I can only imagine what the fresh ones taste like. Tried the maple glazed, crumb, and apple fritter. Would recommend maple and fritter, but the crumb, while really tender wasn't up my alley.