“Paradise for Music Lovers”
Review of Amoeba Music

Amoeba Music
Ranked #9 of 292 Shopping in San Francisco
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 148 helpful votes
“Paradise for Music Lovers”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This was hands down the biggest music store I've ever set foot in, and I loved it and I wished that I could live there. Okay, well, maybe not live there, but . . . it's certainly got its charm. If you're looking for records, they have 'em. If you're looking for CDs, they have those, too. If you're looking for books or turntables or souvenir t-shirts or anything to satisfy your music-loving soul, go to Amoeba and you won't be disappointed. Pinky promise.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank KPsRECs

• Korean first
Perth, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great stop for music and movie fans”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Should have left more time for this one. On our Big Bus orientation tour this record store was pointed out and we returned the next day to have a browse. Fantastic selection at good prices and also managed to pick up a couple of hard to find DVDs. Complete the visit with a trip to to the tie dye shop and lunch at Burger Urge.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank MMarren
Sydney, Australia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“For real enthusiasts”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I love Amoeba.It's one of the few places left in the world that offers the experience of shopping for,and discovering music.There's more here than can be looked at in a day,so have a priority list of what you want,as it can get overwhelming once you get to the clearance sections!
If you're really keen,set aside the day for yourself,I lost an entire afternoon here.
Be sure to ask the staff for help or suggestions,as they really do have a huge range of music and dvds!

Visited September 2013
Galveston, Texas
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Crazy Music Store”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Amoeba Music Store. Located on Haight Street is the place to go if you need a music CD or DVD. This is a fun store and even if you don't buy anything, just looking around the store will make your trip worthwhile. Whenever I'm in San Francisco I have to stop here for my grandson and pick up some, impossible to fine elsewhere, CD's. We brought him with us last year and he spent two days here browsing the aisles. Great fun and really look for some old movie or record to make it more so.

Visited October 2013
San Francisco, California
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Found Love in the Haight”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

This record store is the coolest one I've ever been in. My reason for going was to see Talib Kweli live as he stopped through Amoeba to promote his new album.

I was in the record store for approx an hour before the show started. The store is a REAL record store! The employees are knowledgable and they play instruments as well.

I saw Talib but I couldn't help but admire the record store afyer i left. The vibe was correct. I found love in the haight.

Visited September 2013