“Extraordinary”
Review of Bouche

Bouche
Reserve with OpenTable
Bouche is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #164 of 5,711 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Union Square
Cross street: Stockton
Transit: BART: Montgomery St. BART Station CABLE CAR: Powell Street & Bush Street MUNI: Market Street & Stockton Street
California
“Extraordinary”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Delicious, beautifully presented food. I enjoyed a raw scallop appetizer that was like a taste of the sea perfectly balanced with melon and edible flowers. It was followed by a gorgeous duck breast in a honey/sour sauce accompanied by a duck bitterball. It was so good. The staff are wise about wine and their food, the chefs (who you can watch if you choose the right seat) are engaged and creative. Eat here now; you will enjoy it.

• Korean first
Austin, Texas
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

One of the best meals I've had in a long time! Very very tasty!

The place is very small, so make sure you have a reservation.. there are only 5 or 6 tables for two upstairs. Most have a nice view of the outside, which is nice for people watching.

The service is friendly, place looks nice, but go for the food!

Visited July 2014
Austin, Tx
“Itty Bitty French”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

As I sit in my room with my Suzie purring in the bed slowly falling asleep, I can only say, this was an amazing end to a wonderful day in San Fran. I was curious about this French bistro just a minute walk away from the Hyatt. What could be in store if we cruised on by, without a reservation. It's a Sunday night, in a bustling, energized city. Could we get in?

Yup, they were happy to see us and had a table upstairs. A tiny little box of a restaurant which reminded me of a wonderful French meal we had in New York City at La Boite En Bois. As we entered the first gentleman we encountered asked us if we would like to sit at the bar, usually a go to hang out for us. However, I asked about sitting at table and he immediately found us a place upstairs. A quaint two facing out to the street overlooking a tattoo parlor and self service laundromat. They only had few tables in the main dining area, which meant for an intimate romantic setting.

The menu was very limited, with perhaps 4 entrees, 9 appetizers and a nice wine list. We started with the Cheese Special, followed by the Marinated Flat Iron Steak, Summer Squash And Potato Gratin, Shaved Asparagus, Red Corn and Seared Muscovy Duck Breast, Duck Confit Croquette, Burnt Honey Farro, Sautéed Haricots Verts with the Tomates Farcies, Squash And Bell Pepper Risotto side. Their wine list was nicely rounded and upon the servers choice we received the Château De Cazeneuve Les Calcaires Pic Saint Loup 2011. A lovely red BTW.

The Duck.. ah hell, I'm not going to go through all that. Let me put it simply.. this was da merde! Heck, everything about this place was la bomba. The quaint tiny restaurant was full of love and soul. We were laughing with our neighbors, two gals from Vancouver, as well as the waiters. Each of us would pause after having the first bite and just take it in. We were punch drunk on the wonderful plate presentations and the service when presenting them to us. We would finish our bites and look at each other with approval nodding heads. Photo's were taken of food, servers and new friends. Laughter and smiles were a bound as we finished our wonderful wine and dinner. At the end of our entree's, we did something we generally never do, order desert. A chocolate Tart of the day. When the server returned with it, he quietly told us that this was on the house for us being some much fun to have in the restaurant.... I thought we were being way to loud. Once dinner was over, we came down the stairs to see the chefs looking and smiling at us.. all we could do was applaud them and thank them for such a great meal and they in turn told us that they wished they could of joined us for a glass of wine since we were having such a fun time they wanted to join in. Truly, one of the best meals and experiences in our lives.. To only live in San Francisco to make this a weekly destination

• Visited August 2014
aberdeen
“Great little restaurant”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stumbled upon this place whilst jet lagged and looking for a drink and a bite to eat. We were lucky enough to be able to get a seat straight away. The restaurant is small but doesn't try to squeeze in as many seats as it can so you have a bit of space. The food is excellent and the portions size is good without being to large. Due to california licencing the bar is limited to wine, beer or cider but due to the size of the place I think they would struggle to have a full bar.
This is definitely a place we would return to if we were back in San Francisco and definitely worth a visit.

Somerset
“Excellent late-night dining”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

After a long day at a conference I fancied a quality snack and glass of wine around midnight. The concierge at the Fairmont suggested Bouche, and it was excellent advice. Good atmosphere, casual but efficient service, and my carpaccio of scallops with bread and a glass of white hit the spot perfectly.

I wish I'd discovered Bouche earlier in my stay so I could have visited for a full meal. One for next time!

• Visited July 2014