“Tasty Detour”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bouche

Bouche
Reserve with OpenTable
Bouche is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #171 of 5,643 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Union Square
Cross street: Stockton
Transit: BART: Montgomery St. BART Station CABLE CAR: Powell Street & Bush Street MUNI: Market Street & Stockton Street
Brighton, MI
“Tasty Detour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

After a long, delayed day of travel my friend finally arrived in San Francisco. I'd found a few places earlier in the day - unfortunately they were all closing/closed. One of the bartenders suggested Bouche. Walked right and sat at the bar - with the bonus of watching the open kitchen. Initially planning just to have a cocktail, we ended up ordering a couple appetizers for sharing - I'm glad we did. Steak Tartar was delicious, Scallops were cooked perfectly and the Mashed Potatoes with Crab were pure heaven. Service was friendly and timely. A great way to start our San Francisco Trip.

• Visited February 2014

• Korean first
Providence
“Delicieuse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

I ate here during a trip to San Francisco in December. We had a lovely, lovely dinner. I lived in France, and this felt like a classic Parisienne small restaurant. There were only a few tables in the place, but several cooks and servers. The food was a bit salty, but outstanding overall (I had sweetbreads and a vegetable napoleon). The server was very knowledgeable about French wine, and made some great recommendations. I would not come here with a group of more than 6 people, but for couples or groups of 4, it is wonderful.

• Visited December 2013
Anchorage, Alaska
“Intimate, French, innovative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is the quintessential petite french restaurant. Three cook/chefs, two french servers, and a great meal. Care has been taken in all particulars, from the detail in the decor to the assemblage of ingredients and flavors in the meal. I will not forget the primary server who chased me down the street, calling out my name, to return my credit card that I had left on the table. The food and the service and the look and the feel of the place -- all outstanding.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank akduck_1313
Fort Myers, Florida
“French bistro with very good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

We had a wonderful meal at Bouche. It is a small place, very happening with a younger clientele, and a limited menu. Our French waiter was very knowledgeable and recommended some good wines for us. Our party of three had lamb, pork and fish dishes, all excellent. It might be better place for couples or a party of 3-4 people. It's a little small for parties larger than four. The menu changes often. I would definitely return.

• Visited March 2014
San Diego, CA
“Great Find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is a very small charming restaurant . The menu is very limited and from what I gather changes frequently. My husband had lamb and I had a pork chop, both were very good. All the wine is French with no English interpretation so we had no idea of what we ordered but we enjoyed it. In the area you walk into off the street the only seating is at the bar and a shelf that runs along two walls seating a total of about 12. Upstairs there are tables and seating for around 20. It is very quaint. If you walk by this restaurant on the street you would probably walk right on by. It is really worth giving it a try. We will return on our next trip. (I hope it still exists as there is a sign on the door stating something about new ownership.)

• Visited March 2014