“Delicieuse”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bouche

Bouche
Reserve with OpenTable
Bouche is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #172 of 5,645 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Union Square
Cross street: Stockton
Transit: BART: Montgomery St. BART Station CABLE CAR: Powell Street & Bush Street MUNI: Market Street & Stockton Street
Providence
“Delicieuse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

I ate here during a trip to San Francisco in December. We had a lovely, lovely dinner. I lived in France, and this felt like a classic Parisienne small restaurant. There were only a few tables in the place, but several cooks and servers. The food was a bit salty, but outstanding overall (I had sweetbreads and a vegetable napoleon). The server was very knowledgeable about French wine, and made some great recommendations. I would not come here with a group of more than 6 people, but for couples or groups of 4, it is wonderful.

• Visited December 2013

• Korean first
Anchorage, Alaska
“Intimate, French, innovative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is the quintessential petite french restaurant. Three cook/chefs, two french servers, and a great meal. Care has been taken in all particulars, from the detail in the decor to the assemblage of ingredients and flavors in the meal. I will not forget the primary server who chased me down the street, calling out my name, to return my credit card that I had left on the table. The food and the service and the look and the feel of the place -- all outstanding.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank akduck_1313
Fort Myers, Florida
“French bistro with very good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

We had a wonderful meal at Bouche. It is a small place, very happening with a younger clientele, and a limited menu. Our French waiter was very knowledgeable and recommended some good wines for us. Our party of three had lamb, pork and fish dishes, all excellent. It might be better place for couples or a party of 3-4 people. It's a little small for parties larger than four. The menu changes often. I would definitely return.

San Diego, CA
“Great Find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is a very small charming restaurant . The menu is very limited and from what I gather changes frequently. My husband had lamb and I had a pork chop, both were very good. All the wine is French with no English interpretation so we had no idea of what we ordered but we enjoyed it. In the area you walk into off the street the only seating is at the bar and a shelf that runs along two walls seating a total of about 12. Upstairs there are tables and seating for around 20. It is very quaint. If you walk by this restaurant on the street you would probably walk right on by. It is really worth giving it a try. We will return on our next trip. (I hope it still exists as there is a sign on the door stating something about new ownership.)

Sunnyvale, CA
“Great Little French restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I had dinner there last night for our anniversary. We chose the restaurant based on the many great reviews and the restaurant did not disappoint. What a cute little place. I had never heard of it before we started searching on line and found it that way. We got a very nice table upstairs and it was a very small area but there were around 6 or 7 tables, but to me, it didn't seem overly crowed although there were guests at each table. The atmosphere was intimate and the acoustics was pretty good. You could have a conversation without shouting. Our waiter was awesome. We had picked one wine but he also brought another for us to taste to compare. He kept checking on us without being annoying or intrusive. The food was excellent. We shared the wild greens salad and it was very good. I had the lamb which was very tender and the sauce was delicious. My husband had the sole and he loved it. He did think the portion was pretty small. We will definitely come back and recommend to our friends.