Inn at the Presidio
$230
$208
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$353
$209
$336
$222
  • Pool
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$185
$225
$210
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$401
$220
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfire pitwine and cheesethe golden gate bridgesocial clubofficers quartersrocking chairsdisney museumcrissy fieldarmy baseofficers clubmilitary historythe national park servicefree shuttleno elevatorcontinental breakfastking suitea wonderful place to stay
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I think the hotel is a beautiful historic place, but having staying in a lot of high end hotels, I would put this at an average. When we arrived, the maid was still cleaning our room - this was around 4pm. She apologized yet kept cleaning. The next morning we went down for breakfast and found they had an espresso maker (bonus!!) but they had not hot milk. I asked the server if I could have some warm milk and he said they did not have a stove. When I asked if there was a microwave, he rolled his eyes, and told me that he could warm it in the break room - which was down stairs. We were there for a wedding so the wedding party was all gathered around and they all wanted latte's - so I asked him if he would heat a whole bunch so I could make the wedding party lattes - again he disregarded me and instead showed me where the microwave was. So I made all of the hot milk and ran it up and down the stairs until everyone had one. The next day, the espresso capsules were all gone and put away. When I asked where they were, he said the manager had said that we couldn't use the machine. I asked why, he said that it was broken (it was not). The girl at the front desk was not very friendly either. I think the entire staff was from somewhere else and had probably never stayed at a nice hotel. Overall, great environment, but you may as well call it motel 6 when it comes to service.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank Joni P
Reviewed August 29, 2013

After other plans fell thru, we decided spur of the moment to head to SF to celebrate our anniversary. We randomly found the Inn by googling hotels in the Marina. Within an hour of booking, we were checked in. Staff, rooms, decor, amenities......we were blown away. The restoration hardware decor with the attention to military accents was right up our ally. The patio fire pit and teak furniture was an added bonus. The wine and cheese provided from 5-7 p.m. was outstanding. Breakfast in the morning was filling and delicious. If you like to hike as we do, simply walk out the back door to catch one of several trails. A free shuttle will take you into downtown should you choose to leave the tranquility. All in all this place was a true find. Have already shared this info with co-workers, one of which has already booked a stay after my excitement with our visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Perfect overnight escape. We will comeback for a longer weekend or even multiple night stay to enjoy the area - room was clean and bright - grounds peaceful - parking amazing in San Francisco. Can't say enough for this hidden gem.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Nanette S
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We researched just about every hotel in San Fran that cold accommodate a family of four with two teenagers. We like accomodations with plenty of room (at least a sitting room for the kids to sleep and a separate bedroom for us) - also we like it clean, friendly, quiet, and comfortable - and, a nice breakfast to start our day. The Inn at the Presideo was just the ticket! From the moment we arrived, we felt like it was home with warm and attentive hospitality and all we were looking for. Throw in evening receptions with wine, cheese, snack, etc. and even an outdoor fireplace to gather around, and it went beyond our expectations. Situated in the Presideo makes it a charming place to stay - convenient to San Fran, Napa and all the Bay area attractions and you are staying in a Park vs a crowded, noisy city. We stayed for 5 days which was perfect.
A couple of suggestions for management... - put in some A/C and add some drawers in the bathrooms.
All in all....
They are not shy about the price, but worth it...
Would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor for the view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Only there for 1 night, But it was the best stay of out trip to CA.
The breakfast pastries were wonderful, and the wine and cheese are a nice treat before we went to dinner.
Our room had the best shower and I loved the Army style covers for the hair dryer "hot air" and "TP".
We walked to dinner and to the Disney Family Museum the next day.
Thanks for a great start to our vacation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple