San Francisco Journeys
Ranked #142 of 291 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Not the usual sightseeing tours but rather diverse urban journeys led by a very experienced, knowledgeable guide who’s been leading tours since 1989. Tours feature the beauty and uniqueness that is San Francisco through its picturesque cityscapes and its public art, parks and gardens, an array of architectural styles, local landmarks, film locations, movie theatres, historical streetcars, cable cars and much more. Your guide, Monika, leads visitors, residents and natives alike on fun and insightful urban excursions through the streets of San Francisco. Her presentations are engaging, comprehensive, witty and historically accurate.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Several of us visited San Francisco for a long weekend and we wanted to get a tour of the San Francisco area. We hired Monika Trobits and took her San Francisco Journeys tour. What an excellent tour she gives! She has an amazing amount of knowledge about the city of San Francisco. Monika’s tour is a combination of walking the city and taking the bus/streetcar around town. The city is supposed to be 7 miles by 7 miles and I’m pretty sure we covered every inch of the city! What I found most fascinating about Monika’s tour is that Monika would show us the “before” pictures of the area (prior to the earthquake of 1906 and the resulting fires that broke out) and then when she shared those stories and pictures, we would be at that same site to witness the “now” version of the area. It was fascinating to hear what all transpired over time and how the area looks now. Her tour is worth every penny!

Waterloo, Illinois, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was in San Francisco for a "girls weekend." We signed up for a waking tour of San Francisco. We thought it would give us a feeling for the city and help us see the eclectic neighborhoods and historical sights since we only had 3 days in the city. The tour was all day; we walked and took other modes of transportation. Monika was a historical docent!! She was interesting and well prepared. I enjoyed her enthusiasm and her historical and personal insights as we toured the city. This tour requires you to have good walking shoes, bottled water since it is an all day tour.

Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Four college girlfriends and I visited SF for a getaway weekend. We signed up for the SF Walking Tour our first day in SF not knowing exactly what to expect. We thought it would be a good way to start off our trip and would provide us with some invaluable insight on the history, culture and architecture of years past. We were not disappointed. Monika very much enjoys what she does and brings with her a wealth of knowledge, energy and enthusiasm. She was extremely detail oriented and used a lot of historical information in her presentation including articles, pictures, maps, and pointed out many sights along the way as those shown in the Hitchcock movie “Vertigo.” This particular tour combines walking with some other modes of transportation but requires good walking shoes and bottled water as it is an all day tour.

Mesa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous and full of information!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

What a terrific tour this was! (tour #2) Monika not only tells the history of San Francisco but is sooo full of wonderful tidbits that she sahres along the way. Before the tour started I was worried my feet would get tired, but the journey was very informative and so interesting that I forgot I was walking. I live in Arizona now but grew up in the Bay Area and hung out in the city. Monika showed me so many things that I had never seen, or even knew about. I loved the fact that we were standing right where the people in history had been standing. There is so much you miss when taking a driving tour, but this tour puts right where it all happened. I really liked her book, full of pictures, articles, maps and depictions of what San Francisco was like years ago. I have told many of my friends and coworkers that if they want to learn anything about San Francisco, to go on this tour ! I can't wait to go back again and take tour #1 and #3. I know I can't lose and will have a great time with Monika guiding the way.
Theresa

Visited October 2012
SFTourLady, Owner at San Francisco Journeys, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you, Theresa, for taking the time to write such an enthusiastic review. I'm so glad you enjoyed the tour and have such fond memories of the experience. I likewise, enjoyed spending the day with you and your daughter and look forward to seeing you during future visits to San Francisco. Thank you also for recommending me to your friends and co-workers. Those are valuable referrals. All best regards from San Francisco.
Conway, South Carolina
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 144 helpful votes
“Did we actually see all that in 8 hours?”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Monika Trobits loves what she does and loves equally the opportunity to share it. You have no idea what you are in for with this tour and you will not be disappointed. What a fantastic day. This woman has boundless energy and more information than you can put into 5 textbooks. We covered history, architecture, culture, politics, every major event in San Francisco and the people who made them happen both saints and rogues. We took trolleys, buses and walked our feet off. Wow, what a day. My head is spinning with all the things that we saw and i want to go back and revisit them all.

Our group was small... just four.. and it made it intimate and personal. She answers every question thoughtfully and with great care.

This was only Part 1... Bring on 2 and 3.

Visited June 2013
Yes, you did, Greg, and I'm glad you enjoyed every minute of that 8-hour day. Thanks so much for following up with your comments and for posting a photo of me. See you on future San Francisco Journeys.