“Chocoholic's Paradise”
Review of TCHO Chocolate Factory Tour - CLOSED

TCHO Chocolate Factory Tour
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We took the tour. It's not exactly Wonka-esque, but it's informative. Our guide Jose was funny and gave a good presentation on how chocolate is made, from farm to store. The factory is only 2 large rooms, so there isn't much to tour. But the tasting is fabulous and worth the visit. They give you a 10% discount on purchases after the tour. The chocolate is fabulous, especially the dark. Lots of neat packaging, great for gift giving. We left with a full shopping bag.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I enjoyed this tour- it was free (although we reserved online ahead of time) and they also give you free samples of their different chocolates to try. I then spent a half hour in the shop afterwards, trying to decide what chocolate I wanted to buy (it is all good) and drinking a TCHOshot (only $2 and wonderfully chocolately). They give you 10% off after the tour, so don't buy any chocolate until then! I do wish that they would give you more information about the specific machines and a step by step overview of the process when viewing the factory area. There were people working on the factory floor, and I would have appreciated an explicit explanation of exactly what they were doing- even if it was packing, etc.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This tour was about an hour long. It mostly consisted of a powerpoint presentation on the company and the history of chocolate. Be prepared, they do make you wear hair nets and if you have a beard, a net for your beard. Also if you are wearing open toe shoes, they make you change into a pair of clogs. I thought the presentation was interesting, but I wanted to see more of the factory. Honestly, the factory tour was about 5-7 minutes long and all I really saw was employees packing boxes, I wanted to see more of the chocolate process. The free tasting at the end was a nice bonus.

1  Thank Danig92604
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The free TCHO tour was worth spending an hour (however, plan on a majority of time watching a powerpoint presentation). I agree with the comment of an earlier reviewer: the aloof attitude of some of the employees was a turnoff. They were not overly welcoming. Yet our tour guide was enthusiastic when discussing the history of chocolate making, and also the company history.

Only a few minutes were actually spent walking in the factory, and we didn't see much more than people packaging chocolate. At the end, we sampled the several kinds of dark chocolate and two kinds of milk chocolate. While we bought some (they give you a 10% discount after the free tour) it was still a bit overpriced, in my opinion.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

This was not your ordinary chocolate factory tour but it did leave you with some "food" for thought. I learned more about the origins of the chocolate I eat here than any other source. Our guide offered a tactile, visual, and sensory experience of chocolate and its beginnings. I learned that most readily available chocolate comes from cocao beans harvested by child slave labor. Now I will make a conscious decision to find out where it comes from and make the choice to only buy from responsible chocolate makers. I also tasted the difference between chocolate grown in different parts of the world. There is sampling at the end of the tour and at the shop. you won't want to leave without some.

You must make a reservation for this FREE tour. This tour is definitely worth a visit.