Inn at Golden Gate
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$305
$239
$336
$204
  • Pool
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$197
$299
$254
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$416
$254
Mystic Hotel(San Francisco)
$205
$189
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewspalace of fine artsthe presidiochestnut streetfree parkingcrissy fieldfisherman's wharfmorning pastriescomfortable mattressesbus routesroom was cleangolden gategreat budget hotellombard stquiet staytransit systemmarina districtfree breakfast
Reviewed August 19, 2011

In the world of budget hotels in SF with at least some parking, this was a good bargain. As noted above the breakfast is nothing much, but about what you expect. The room was clean and neat and larger than I expcted. The location is convenient for a lot of things - easy to catch a bus here to Golden Gate park or lots of other areas. The Marina is loaded with pretty decent restaurants within walking distance. The entrance to the Presidio is right next door. The parking situation is advertised as "limited free parking" which is honest enough - limited in that there are about half as many spaces as rooms. Street parking is fairly available around here, but limited to 3 hours during weekdays - not nights or weekends. This would be much more of a hassle for someone who wanted to drive around the area while staying here. We parked on the street the first night, then got a space in the morning in the lot and never moved the car again during our stay (public transit here is as good as anywhere in the US), so it was not bad for us Price was excellent. For a budget motel in SF, about as good as you can do.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ChicoDavidRN
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Country Hearth is a small family owned hotel close to the Presidio, and this the only con:2 km from Golden Gate, downtown is a bit farther, and if you are not a good walker, public transport is needed.
Breakfast you have to bring on a tray to your room, which is clean, gifted with purified water and air, and a copy of the Bagavad Gita in the drawer. Very quiet.
Parking is in the courtyard but not for everybody: first comers have the places.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank PaoloP66
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I made a reservation for the Country Hearth Inn which we had to cancel. I called and spoke to a very nice lady who said she would cancel the reservation. My fault for not getting her name.

Next month, I had a charge on my credit card for one night's stay. I called Country hearth to ask why and a rather unpleasant woman told me it was because we did not call to cancel our reservation. I assured her that I had indeed called and wanted the charge removed. She refused to discuss the matter with me, saying only that I did not call (English was not her primary language) and refused to remove the charge.

I called Country Hearth corporation and was told to contact the CEO by email. I emailed the CEO of Country Hearth... no response whatsoever.

Next I went through my credit union, who issued my credit card. They asked me to contact Country Hearth AGAIN, which I did - same response. I got the same unpleasant woman who refused to talk about the issue or remove the charge.

Finally, FINALLY, my credit union came to bat for me and removed the charge.

It will be a cold day in hell before I stay at Country Hearth.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank arlosmom
Reviewed July 19, 2011

There is free WiFi but very limited parking space. The room is clean but very noisy. We heard the garbage truck type of noise every morning (all three mornings). Customer service is the worst among all the equivalent places we had stayed in many years. For the same among of money, we will not go back to this place.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank 120565123J
Reviewed July 15, 2011

This place is cheap (we got the summer deal) and convenient (it's right on the edge of Golden Gate Park and a short walk to buses that will take you to all the main attractions. But don't expect any frills to come with it. The 'continental breakfast' is comprised of stale pastries and tiny cups of coffee in the corner of the reception area, the room is old, the safe is broken and the fridge can be used at a daily fee. However, it's in a safe neighborhood and we never felt like it was a problem walking back late at night. You get what you pay for!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a deal - the rooms are not worth the regular rate!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple