“Customer service is very poor and we'll not be back!”
Review of Inn at Golden Gate

Inn at Golden Gate
Ranked #137 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
“Customer service is very poor and we'll not be back!”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

There is free WiFi but very limited parking space. The room is clean but very noisy. We heard the garbage truck type of noise every morning (all three mornings). Customer service is the worst among all the equivalent places we had stayed in many years. For the same among of money, we will not go back to this place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank 120565123J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
London, UK
Reviewed July 15, 2011

This place is cheap (we got the summer deal) and convenient (it's right on the edge of Golden Gate Park and a short walk to buses that will take you to all the main attractions. But don't expect any frills to come with it. The 'continental breakfast' is comprised of stale pastries and tiny cups of coffee in the corner of the reception area, the room is old, the safe is broken and the fridge can be used at a daily fee. However, it's in a safe neighborhood and we never felt like it was a problem walking back late at night. You get what you pay for!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a deal - the rooms are not worth the regular rate!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hta88
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I just needed a place to store my luggage, take a bath, lay my head down, and get dress. One of my concerns was location. I wanted someplace nice but cheap and with Country Hearth that is exactly what I got. The surrounding neighborhood is filled with expense homes and expenses cars. There are two main Muni lines close by, an I HOP and a Walgreens down Lombard street and the entrace to Presidio Park up the hill. And two block down you have the Palace and a clear view of the Golden Gate bridge. For shopping and meals a few quick blocks on your on Chestnut Street (down hill). We skipped the free breakfast and did not use the wifi so I can't comment on that. The room itself was clean, and the bed was comfortable to me. I was happy with what I paid for.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank zendora
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed June 21, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 5 nights in late May 2011. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was nice. The location is on Lombard Street, which is a busy thoroughfare, but the hotel is two blocks away from where the traffic veers off towards the Golden Gate Bridge, so it's actually on a fairly quiet block. There are only 5 or 6 on-site parking spaces, but there was always free parking on the street (the Presidio is only a block away). There are not a lot of attractions within walking distance, but SF has such great public transportation that it's easy to get around without your car.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BarryBlue
Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Bad smell in the room. Felt old and dirty. Too exepnsive due to the standard. No parking.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Stina00

Travelers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Nievre France
Reviewed May 1, 2011

We stayed here on the 02 April 2011, before flying home to France. In 10 days we had stayed in a lot of motels through California and Arizona. I can honestly say that this was the best. From the really friendly welcome, to the really comfortable room, it was a great stay and I wish that we could have stayed longer. It was ideally placed for seeing Fishermans Wharf, China Town etc, but also really quite, which for an insomminac like me is very important. The morning we left, they even helped me to do on-line check in for our flights and print off our boarding passes. Brilliant people, fantastic motel, can't recommend it high enough!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Julie58NievreFrance
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 28, 2011

This inn was good, though no parking. Receptionist was good and very polite. Inn is by Golden Gate Bridge and Exploratorium, and bus number 30 runs all along Chestnut street just adjacent to the street this inn is on.

Now the room. Room was comfortable, clean, and economical with all the essentials, hair dryer, ironing devices, tele, phones, and etc.
Quiet and romantic
The price I paid was not much.

I recommend this inn to anyone who is looking for a Bargain.

Lincoln golf is just in to the Presidio.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business