“Excellent Pizza”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Mission District
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I loved the thin crust pizza made within site of the table in a very cool looking hearth type oven. The owners and staff are members of the deaf community, so the restaurant is quiet even with the open kitchen layout. My pizza was excellent - probably among the best I have had -- with very flavorful sauce and other ingredients.

There are newer reviews for Mozzeria

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Whilst visiting our kids in their neighbourhood, they took us to Mozzeria for dinner and explained it was run by a deaf couple. It was a wonderful experience. Whereas the food was very good the staff and service were amazingly professional and kind. We sat at a table near the pizza oven with our 7 week old grandchild and everyone couldn't have been nicer, even the patrons (luckily the baby slept through our meal). My husband and I shared a pizza which was delicious and a pasta, which was just the way I like it, simple, traditional and excellent. I personally loved watching the making of the pizza's. As one reviewer said so well, it is easy to see that everyone who works here loves their job. My husband and I were a tad sleep deprived since we'd just arrived from the East Coast and the waiter was great and understood our rush to get back to our hotel. We will be back, well done!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

My sister was new in town and this was close to her apartment, rated highly on TripAdvisor and had a great price fix menu for Tuesday night.

We found out that the place is owned by a deaf couple and the wait staff was deaf as well. Many of the others dining were also deaf so there was plenty of sign language. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating.

Every dish we had was great and we will be back for sure. Good list of beers on tap as well.

***Tip - Mondays and Tuesdays have some good specials. Tuesday especially with the price fix menu that gives you 2 small plates, 1 pizza, 1 pasta and dessert for $39.

1  Thank SampleTheCulture
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This may be the best Pizza place I have ever been to and is definitely in the top three for best pizzas overall.
I am an ASL interpreter, so had heard of Mozzeria from my community since it's opening and knew I would eat there, eventually.
I did not expect to have such an amazingly delicious dinner, from appetizers to dessert. The service was a gat balance of warm yet professional, also.
We were a party of five so we sampled a large part of the menu and all of the desserts. I cannot pick a favorite dish because it all was phenomenal.

1  Thank TerriYockey
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We were coming up to the city for a show and decided on the spur of the moment to try this place, and we're delighted we did.

My initial impression was how quiet it is. I didn't realize it's run by members of the deaf community. It was nice to eat in a place that wasn't overwhelmingly loud.

The service was great; extremely friendly and efficient and the food was creative and delicious. My wife had the bacon, Brussels sprouts, and caramelized onion pizza, and I had the special with pork sausage, green garlic, and chiles. Both were superb; thin crusts cooked perfectly to the point where we -had- to eat all of both -- a rarity.

All in all, a great place we're anxious to visit again.

2  Thank dsikula