“Great food and lovely sports bar!”
Review of Dobbs Ferry

Dobbs Ferry
Reserve with OpenTable
Dobbs Ferry is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #678 of 5,664 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Hayes Valley
Cross street: Hayes St.
Transit: Number 21 Muni stops directly in front of the restaurant. You can also take the 5 or the F and have a short walk. 1/2 Mile walk from Civic Center BART.
Description: Dobbs Ferry Restaurant is an all day and everyday establishment; for locals, by locals; with a welcoming beckon to all of the visitors of this Little City. It is an ambassador of West coast food and East coast style with an "old world" feel, that is uniquely and unequivocally San Francisco.
San Francisco, California, USA
“Great food and lovely sports bar!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I love how this restaurant is sort of like a hybrid. it's a casual dining restaurant and a sports bar in one! Great food and service and I love how this place closes a bit later than other restaurants.

Visited September 2013

London
“Amazing Dark and Stormy Cocktails!!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

we only had one thing here- dark and stormy cocktails- but they were the best we had ever had- made perfectly balanced. The burgers we saw around us also looked very very good! Lots of sports fans in here for a game but it didn't feel like a "sports bar" as such just a nice place wherer friends gather to watch the game.

Visited September 2013
SF Bay Area
“Better than average”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

It really is better than average, but not quite a 4. We were with a big pre-theater group, lots of noise, rushing about, and my guess is that if just my spouse and I come here again. It would be better. The people are very cordial, the service sharp, decor nice; but the food was a bit disappointing. My eggplant ravioli was good, but my spouse's eggplant dish was doughy and, she said, tasteless. The Hayes Valley area has become quite a "scene" - maybe too much so, a bit pretentious. Still, I'd choose Donns Ferry again, for sure.

• Visited September 2013
“Orde the Chicken Scarpiello”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Donna restaurant was an excellent experience for several reasons and I highly recommend it. Fr starters, let me go right to the dish my girlfriend and I shared- Chicken Scarpiello. The dish is roast chicken, italian sausage, sweet peppers, pepperoncini and crispy fried potatoes. That doesn't begin to tell how good the dish is. The waiter told us how they cooked the potatoes, twice cooked and put on the bottom so they soak up the juices from the chicken. A delicious comfort dish that we kept enjoying with every bite. We would have licked the dish if we could have.
We started the evening with a special appetizer - a burrata which was exactly as the cheese should be, soft and runny. Some Burratas can be bland but this was extremely tasty.
The service was great, we ate at the bar and the bartender was attentive and a pleasure to talk to.
I highly recommends this place if you are in San Francisco Hayes Valley area. It is a great area, away from the tourists with plenty to offer.

• Visited July 2013
San Francisco, California
“Great pre-show restaurant”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I ate here before an SFJazz concert and were impressed by the service, the quality of the food, and the value. There are a lot of so-so restaurants in the Civic Center symphony hall/SF ballet/SFJazz area. Dobbs Ferry is a keeper. Would definitely go back.

• Visited June 2013