“Excellent Stop for Lunch”
Review of Hillstone

Hillstone
Ranked #61 of 5,712 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Benicia
“Excellent Stop for Lunch”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My family decided to try Hillstone for lunch recently and we were not disappointed. It was our first visit and we now have another great place to go for lunch in San Francisco. The grilled artichoks is a must try along with the smoked salmon. The smoked salmon was an appetitizer but the portion was large enough to have as a main course. My mother had the trout and it was the best trout I've ever had. I'm usually not a big fan on trout in any restaurant menu. My son really enjoyed his French Dip sandwich and my steak was cooked to perfection. The service was friendly and efficient. Overall a very nice experience. Will definitely return again.

• Polish first
Carmel, California
“THE place for a French Dip sandwich”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I'm sure the other items on the menu are very good, too, but the french dip is the best I've ever had. The steak is cooked to perfection and melts in your mouth. You don't need the dip, but don't ever pass on it.

San Francisco
“LUNCH FAVORITE”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I work very near to this place and treat myself to lunch there once in a while.
Everything I have ordered has been great. Especially the burgers and of course the fries taste great!
Lately, I have been ordering the soup of the day and it always seems to be better than the last soup they create. It can be a bit pricey (that is why it is a treat!) but still, love going here and love the atmosphere.
If you are visiting SF and are near FIsherman's Wharf, definately stop by and have lunch or if you already ate lunch try the Sundae!!! It is so good! :)

Columbus, Ohio
“Best Crab Cakes”
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Big chunks of crab!! Great coleslaw, too!
We were tired from all the walking on rhe warf and this was halfway to the hotel!
Happy accident!

Pacifica, California
“Best Ribs in Town”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great place to go for ribs especially, but our friends have enjoyed their meals of fish, Roast Beef Dip, etc. The ribs are accompanied by skinny french fries with house made catsup and a wonderful cole slaw. Be sure to have the roasted artichokes as an appetizer. Their dipping sauce is incredible.

• Visited September 2012