“Fantastic!”

$72.00*
VIP Happy Hour Tour of Union Square
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: As seen on The Travel Channel, our walking food tours take guests on a unique food experience behind-the-scenes in the San Francisco Culinary World to meet chefs, restaurant owners and industry experts. You'll eat your way through the authentic local hotspots, while learning about the neighborhood history - The Mission District's murals, North Beach's Barbary Coast Trail and hidden tunnels, and Union Square's cocktail center. Bring your appetite!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent our first night in San Francisco on the North Beach food tour. Our guide, Melissa, was absolutely fantastic. She was fun, outgoing and knowledgeable (and also from New Jersey!). We were even lucky enough to have Avital herself on the tour with us. All of the establishments we went to greeted us with open arms. Everyone was so friendly and passionate about their businesses, which was awesome. We had everything from wine to cannoli's, and even went back to two of the places during our time in San Fran. We would highly recommend this tour!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

For Girls' Weekend Out this year, we four girls went to San Francisco. One of the girls is really into food tours, so we chose this tour and one other with another company. We took a food tour last year in NYC that was exceptional, so we were hoping this tour would equal that one. It didn't quite live up to our hopes. Our guide, Melissa, was friendly and pretty knowledgeable. The pizza at the second stop was wonderful, but after that. . .not so great. I understand that food is a personal taste, but overall, I wouldn't highly recommend this tour.

2  Thank Debbie T
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Zev provided a great tour of 3 bars I never would have considered going to in SF. Each bar had its own unique cocktail with different flavors and different vibes. Would recommend for anyone visiting sf or even living in sf that wants to know some new places to grab a unique drink around Union Square

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I've got to say I'm highly impressed by both the quality and depth of knowledge shared on this tour. I've always been highly suspicious of these things as mere touristy traps, but this is truly a wealth of great information. As a bartender, I didn't believe I'd learn anything with the tour, but found that there were several things which added to my repertoire. I had no idea that Duggan McDonnell of Cantina had discovered a more accurate Pisco Punch recipe than what most bars have been doing the last few years. The care and attention paid to us at Tradition were amazing, and it was awesome for Bruce to taste us on a few samples of future drinks on top of the amazing Sazerac. I'd highly recommend this tour to both restaurant professionals and any person looking for an amazing tour of San Francisco and its great bars!

1  Thank Ztaylor1984
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We had a great time and great food on this marvelous tour. Our guide Melissa was knowledgeable, friendly and fun. We visited an eclectic mix of purveyors and all the food and wine were exemplary. The owners of each shop/restaurant greeted us and told interesting stories about the gestation of their establishment. This is a great way to spend an early evening in SF.