“Great way to see North Beach - even for locals!”
Review of Avital Food Tours

Avital Food Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$105.00*
and up
North Beach Culinary Experience with Alcohol...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Avital Tours curates 4-course progressive meals with each course served at a different restaurant. Each culinary experience begins with appetizers, followed by an entree and concluding with dessert and along the way, you'll hear stories of restaurant owners, chefs and industry experts. Featured iconic NYC culinary neighborhoods: East Village, Williamsburg, Flatiron/NoMad.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I thought I knew everything there was to know about North Beach....until I met Avital. I had an awesome tour with her through the history of North Beach from its Barbary Coast days to the turn of the 20th century, right on through today. And there is no better way to do that than walking its streets and sampling North Beach's food. Throw in a cast of culinary characters and Avital's excellent touring skills and you've got a recipe for a not-to-be-missed tour. I should also mention that I'm not a tour person - I generally shrug them off feeling that I could probably do the same thing myself by just wandering around a neighborhood. Avital's neighborhood research and knowledge of the local food scene is better than yours. Trust me! Take one of her tours (North Beach was great!), you'll really enjoy them!

All reviews
"mission cheese"
in 32 reviews
"bi rite creamery"
in 25 reviews
"salted caramel ice cream"
in 22 reviews
"walking food tour"
in 12 reviews
"cannoli"
in 12 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 34 reviews
"great afternoon"
"three hours"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed August 9, 2013

North beach food tour was great! I have particularly appreciated one of the best pizza I have ever tried and marvellous canolli in a great neighborhood. Melissa was a great guide, thanks to her! it is a very nice way to discover a new town and habits of san franciscains

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Avital's tour of the Mission District was amazing! Avital is so knowledgable and really took the time to talk to every member of her tour. She was lovely enough to accommodate my party of 4 even though I had carelessly forgotten to confirm in the days prior. It is an amazing way to learn about what San Fran has to offer food wise in addition to learning about the culture along the way. The only thing I would change is doing the tour as soon as I arrived in San Fran (not on our second last day) so that we had time to go and explore all of the other great places Avital recommended! I would (and am) recommending to everyone I know!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I had a great time on our Mission food tour. Avital was our guide expertly showed us the great food and vibe of the Mission neighborhood. We had a fantastic time at each of our stops and definitely felt full once our day was over! We asked Avital for recommendations for other spots to visit in the Mission and created our own mini tour once our guided one was done! Her Thai recommendation was spot on and we used that for dinner back at our hotel later in our trip. This is a great chance to experience amazing food and culture in San Francisco - book your spot now!