“A great way to experience SanFran!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Avital Food Tours

and up
Mission District Culinary Experience with Alcohol Pairing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: As seen on The Travel Channel, our walking food tours take guests on a unique food experience behind-the-scenes in the San Francisco Culinary World to meet chefs, restaurant owners and industry experts. You'll eat your way through the authentic local hotspots, while learning about the neighborhood history - The Mission District's murals, North Beach's Barbary Coast Trail and hidden tunnels, and Union Square's cocktail center. Bring your appetite!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Windsor, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great way to experience SanFran!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

We recently enjoyed this wonderful food tour. A great way to learn about the city, enjoy it's food culture and meet other travellers. Don't miss it if you visit SanFransisco. Melissa was a wonderful hostess!

San Francisco, California
“Mission Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

What a great way to see the city, learn new things and have some great food! I've lived here for 20 years and know quite a bit about SF but Avital added to my knowledge. We not only toured restaurants but also learned about the culinary evolution of the neighborhood as well as touring cultural centers and artwork. Her enthusiasm is contagious and it's clear she has very strong relationships with the restaurants she tours. I highly recommend her tours!

San Diego, California
“So fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was my first foodie tour, but won't be my last. Avital made you feel like a local! If you are traveling with friends, or alone, this is a great way to see it all. Do it!

Visited July 2013
“North Beach Food & Wine tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I live in San Francisco, and was unsure what to expect when my boss announced that as a team building activity, we were going on a food and wine tour in North Beach. But the guide was extremely knowledgeable, the places we visited were gems I had not discovered in 10 years of living here, and the hosts at each location were welcoming and answered our many questions about their fabulous food and wine. I highly recommend Avital as a unique way to experience San Francisco!

San Francisco, California
“Fabulous Food Tour of SF Mission District!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I went on Avital's Mission neighborhood food tour with a group of friends to celebrate my birthday and we all had a blast! Avital is incredibly knowledgeable, and she offers a fascinating insider's perspective into the restaurants and bars as well as the neighborhood. I live in the area and still learned so much and discovered new places. I especially liked how Avital takes you to little side streets and shares info about the murals on the way to the restaurants. Also, the selection of destinations is really well thought-out and fun! I highly recommend this tour!

Visited November 2012