“Mission Tour”

$105.00*
North Beach Culinary Experience with Alcohol Pairing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: As seen on The Travel Channel, our walking food tours take guests on a unique food experience behind-the-scenes in the San Francisco Culinary World to meet chefs, restaurant owners and industry experts. You'll eat your way through the authentic local hotspots, while learning about the neighborhood history - The Mission District's murals, North Beach's Barbary Coast Trail and hidden tunnels, and Union Square's cocktail center. Bring your appetite!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed July 19, 2013

What a great way to see the city, learn new things and have some great food! I've lived here for 20 years and know quite a bit about SF but Avital added to my knowledge. We not only toured restaurants but also learned about the culinary evolution of the neighborhood as well as touring cultural centers and artwork. Her enthusiasm is contagious and it's clear she has very strong relationships with the restaurants she tours. I highly recommend her tours!

There are newer reviews for Avital Food Tours

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was my first foodie tour, but won't be my last. Avital made you feel like a local! If you are traveling with friends, or alone, this is a great way to see it all. Do it!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I live in San Francisco, and was unsure what to expect when my boss announced that as a team building activity, we were going on a food and wine tour in North Beach. But the guide was extremely knowledgeable, the places we visited were gems I had not discovered in 10 years of living here, and the hosts at each location were welcoming and answered our many questions about their fabulous food and wine. I highly recommend Avital as a unique way to experience San Francisco!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I went on Avital's Mission neighborhood food tour with a group of friends to celebrate my birthday and we all had a blast! Avital is incredibly knowledgeable, and she offers a fascinating insider's perspective into the restaurants and bars as well as the neighborhood. I live in the area and still learned so much and discovered new places. I especially liked how Avital takes you to little side streets and shares info about the murals on the way to the restaurants. Also, the selection of destinations is really well thought-out and fun! I highly recommend this tour!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is my second food tour with Avital--but definitely not my last! We had 30 family members from Hawaii, LA and the Bay Area exploring little known secrets in North Beach accompanied with interesting and delicious food and alcohol pairings. I highly recommend Avital's tours whether you are a visitor or resident as you will uncover unique facts about San Francisco and its history!