“The time went by so quickly and boy did we learn a lot!”

Isla Studio Photography Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Please join us on a two-hour, light stroll next to San Francisco's beloved, Golden Gate Bridge! Whether you're a San Francisco veteran or a visitor exploring SF for the first time, you will find that the bridge is always most powerful during twilight- or dare we say, "The Golden Hour." It will be a small class of 5-15 people. We'll teach you how to stop relying on automatic, and get those shots worth framing! You'll be able to apply concepts you learned in class like long exposures, depth of field, aperture, shutter speed, rule of thirds and metering. You'll never want to use the "automatic mode" again. Any specific questions about equipment will be answered. Please bring your camera, lens/lenses, and a tripod, if you have one (not mandatory). Once you register, you will receive more details about where to meet.
San Francisco, California
“The time went by so quickly and boy did we learn a lot!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

In less than three hours we learned about shutter release, ISO, aperture and lots of extra tips to help with basic picture taking. We all walked away feeling like we learned A LOT. The best part is that not one person dozed off. Michael has the presence and air of a stand up comedian. He had us all in stitches and completely engaged at 6 in the evening and we all know that's close to "zoning out" time. Looking forward to the next class!! Professional photographer title here I COME!

Visited February 2014

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great class, great instructor (MICHAEL)”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I am onto my second DSLR in the last 7 years and still using it as a "point and shoot" camera. The only setting I know how to use is automatic mode on both of my Nikon & Canon DSLR's. I have the "Rebel T3i/600D for Dummies" book but could not get too far with my learning. I always get intimidated with all the technical photography terms & concepts, even with a book for dummy : )

I got the Groupon deal and went to Michael's class today. That was time well spent... I love the flow of his class, a lot of fun with his good sense of humor. His teaching sounded much more simple compare to my "dummies" book. When someone asked question ahead of his training, he would hold it off until the right time to provide an answer; this really helped avoiding confusion to the rest of the class.

The class setting is pretty casual. You can bring snack and drink with you. According to Michael, we should receive the powerpoint of his training so there is no need to take note. Make sure to bring your camera so you can play with it during and after the training.

Visited February 2014
“I really enjoy it.”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Very professional and easy to understand tutorial for photography 101.
I suggest to bring your camera to enjoy it more :)

Visited January 2014
Sunnyvale, California
“Fun and easy”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I attended the Beginner Class as my daughter could not make it. The only camera I own was my cellphone. I knew absolutely nothing about cameras other than to turn it on auto and shoot. I feel that after attending this class, I have learned a lot in just 3 hours, plus it was a lot of fun. Thanks Michael!

Visited December 2013
“Great Quick Start”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Good Beginners Class. Covered basics of DSLR, key concepts & functions. Covered Nikon, Cannon and pretty much all camera available in class. Perfect amount of information for the beginners to get started. Looking forward to practice my knowledge and get closer to advanced level in few months.

Visited December 2013