“The MOST amazing burgers”
Review of Source - CLOSED

Source
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: SoMa
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have been a vegetarian for over 25 years - and have tried a zillion veggie burgers and they are mostly unremarkable. The Source has the most AMAZING burgers ever. Incredible french fries, killer salads, wonderful soups and more. The staff is helpful and have a great groove. Even if you are a meat-eater you will love this place. Go to the Source!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

After hearing good things for a while now, I finally made it to Source and was definitely not disappointed. A little tricky to find, but very well worth it and easy parking right in front.

I had their Awesome Burger (a beautiful reddish due to the beets) and it was! Served on pita and with fries (with delicious ketchup!), I also got the tasty black bean soup. My wife got the ratatouille sandwich, which was also scrumptious. We drank their quadruple-filtered water to wash it all down.

The restaurant is informal, but pleasant, with fast, friendly service. The only thing I don't like is that they tack on a 3% charge to cover healthcare costs, which some places in SF do. I told them I don't normally eat at restaurants that do this (they wouldn't have a surcharge for electricity or dishwashing), but that I would make an exception for a good veg restaurant.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We were visiting San Francisco and decided we wanted to try a vegan restaurant - found this one online and saw it had great reviews. It didn't disappoint! The food was fabulous and there was SO much of it! I definitely recommend sharing. The atmosphere is not terribly nice, but I would be a regular if I lived in San Fran. We had the artichoke appetizer with the raw crackers (highly recommend) one of the quesadillas (my daughter didn't really like the shell, but she still enjoyed it), and I had the portabella sandwich - AMAZING! I was very appreciative of the staff who took care of one in our party who was not at all excited about going to this restaurant (they made her a regular cheese pizza - they do have dairy cheese also), and they were very accommodating when we didn't like our vegan burger (allowing us to change to the portabella). It was really a terrific restaurant.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I love the food at this restaurant. I also enjoy the fact that the staff always seem to be in a good mood and having fun. I enjoy the walk from my place to the restaurant (Ok the restaurant has little control over that piece). I like that everyone enjoys this place also. BUT! I hate queuing up like it is the Soviet Union for my turn at the register. Let me sit down and order from my waiter-Jesus on a stick!

The choices on the menu are good. The one that stood out for me? Jerk Cluck! I am sure that is not the name. But if you stop in you will see what I am talking about. Yum. The organic wine is cool also. I have not had the dessert but I hear they are great. I try to eat there once a week and I love it.

Forget the crybabies that complain about the walk. If you live in Mission Bay or P-Hill is really is just around the corner or down the hill. My only complaint is the ordering deal.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Source has an impressive menu. We tried a number of dishes and enjoyed them all. The Bow Wow (vegan hot dog) with sriacha and kraut on a fresh ciabatta was awesome, and the French fries with all of the sauces and salts were great too (try the garlicky dipping sauce...that was our favorite). Pizzas were quite good as we're the buffalo bytes. But the true gems were dessert...twinkles and mint chocolate chip cupcakes??? So many others too. Worth making the walk through SOMA to get here...definitely going back.