“Yummy”

Source
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: SoMa
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

I'm allergic to eggs and dairy - my husband has a gluten sensitivity, so this find was perfect! Finally a place we can eat without worrying about ingredients. Source was so yummy!

Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

What a discovery! This place was recommended to us by someone we met in a sandwich shop.

I've been vegetarian now for 3 years, the only meat I miss is duck. The duck spring rolls were incredible. So delicious.

I challenge someone to take a meat eater there and see if they can taste the difference.

Amazing how they recreate every typical dish from around the world.

Not mad on the decor- bit transport cafe- but the staff were very sweet and helpful.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

This place is a vegetarian's dream come true. Eco/cool in every way possible, they deliver delicious vegetarian/vegan food. Trust me: the spicy buffalo bits are better than their real chicken counterpart and the Gilroy burger is saucy good! The only thing that gets rave reviews that I don't agree with is the Avocado Oink Bits Mozzarella Burger. The fake Mozzarella doesn't do it for me, and the beet-based burger is tad dry/dull for my taste buds. Everything else I've had there is dreamy good. Go and enjoy healthy food for a better you and a better planet.

1  Thank Sfgreenjoe
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is the source of all that is delicious.

We absolutely could not decide what to order... But what we got in the end was so, so right. And I find it hard to believe that we could have gone wrong.

We got the green curry vegetable dosa, and added some "quack" (soy duck) for $2, as well as the pizza special for the night, which was a pesto pizza (our favorite, always) with "cluck," or soy chicken. Both were mind-blowingly delicious. The dosa came with a green sauce that had this kickass, well, kick, to it, and had every vegetable you could fathom inside it. The pancake was the perfect light, fluffy, barely crispy sort of thing you could dream about for the rest of your life.

The pesto pizza was equally legendary... We added goat cheese, to be fair, which may have made it beyond heavenly, but I'm sure it would have been enormously delicious otherwise. The chicken reminded me, a vegetarian of two years, just how much I like chicken-- it was that convincing. And the pesto was perfect, it complemented the kalamata olives in the best possible way.

The one thing we probably could have skipped were their flavored lemonades-- I found them a bit sweet, and maybe a little watery as well (we tried both blueberry and strawberry), though the strawberry was better by far.

We finished with their special dessert of the night: an ice cream sandwich with pistachio gelato between two of their butter cookies dipped in chocolate genache. The gelato didn't really taste like pistachio, but was good all the same.

Honestly, the entrees were easily the highlight of the meal... And you can call me granola-crunching, you can call me tree-hugging, you can call me a rabbit... But I love it when vegetables get to be the stars!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband is a vegetarian, so whenever we travel I always try to find a nice vegetarian place so he can have a break from the usual salad or pasta options from most non-vegetarian places. We had a long but pleasant walk from Union Square to Source and were tired and very hungry when we got there. I ordered the Awesome Burger and the patty was to die for. My husband had the Falafel Sandwich and it was great too. The sodas were really yummy and refreshing. Our food took a little too long to arrive, but the place was full and the staff were so kind and attentive that it didn't bother us much - we were on holidays, after all. I'd definitely go back to Source in a future trip to San Francisco.

3  Thank Bruna G