Open today: 12:30 PM - 10:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from San Francisco Bay Boat Cruises/Wine Tasting on the Bay tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience San Francisco Bay Boat Cruises/Wine Tasting on the Bay
from $79.00
More Info
from $79.00
More Info
All reviews wine therapy captain kevin the golden gate bridge private cruise mccovey cove fun cruise afternoon cruise cruise takes california wines perfect trip past alcatraz san francisco bay att park hour trip great scenery an unforgettable experience sourdough bread
Reviewed 1 week ago

My Dad happened to be in town visiting during Fleet Week. We were looking for a nice view of the Blue Angels away from the crowd for the most part. This cruise went beyond all expectations! We were greeted by Melissa and Captain Kevin. The cruise was full, but there was enough room to comfortably move around, and seating was available for everyone (as well as a convenient bathroom). We were treated to a wide variety of wine to taste, and my Dad, who is more of a bourbon guy, was happy with the full bar as well. Melissa was friendly and knowledgable about the wines. This was only the beginning! Since this was a special event, there was a delicious sandwich buffet with something for everyone. We cruised along the Bay, watching the Blue Angels, and Captain Kevin narrated the show for us. This was a one-of-a-kind experience! I will definitely look forward to cruising with Wine Therapy again, especially if I have family or friends in town who want to see San Francisco.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

San Francisco trip was terrific, but this boat ride and wine tasting was by far the best part of our trip. Great wine's better viers and better boat ride.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Excellent wine selection, delicious cheese plates with sourdough bread and the best views of San Francisco! I would highly recommend this tour - so much fun!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was such an amazing trip! I planned this for my parent’s first trip to California to visit myself and my boyfriend. What a perfect way to start their trip in SF. We were not let down one bit! The wine was fantastic, the amount of guests aboard was fantastic (small group only 20 max) and the service was fantastic. I cannot wait to book again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wine Therapy was the best therapy for a Sunday Birthday! The wine was fabulous and not anything you would find on your own. I booked a private party of 14 and we had plenty of room to move, sit, sip and take pictures. The route was great and Kevin was open to going where we wanted. Melissa kept the tastings going and everyone enjoyed the trip. Definitely recommend for a cozy get-together.

Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

We had the best time ever. The weather great. Melissa was awesome and very knowledgeable. I shall be back.

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

What an amazing experience this was!!! My boyfriend had an amazing time and we will absolutely be back with my family! I couldn’t ask for a more kind and hospitable host and capitan! Amazing!❤️

Reviewed August 31, 2018

This bay cruise take us from pier39 along side sky line of sf. It go under golden gate and round trip of fort Alcatraz. During travel we can taste wine brands. Going under golden gate and taking snaps of golden gate is really enjoyable. Audio commentary on history of sf and fort alcartaz was interesting.

Reviewed August 13, 2018

Took my fiance on this trip for her birthday! It was absolutely perfect. She loved the sweet wines, and they have cocktails for someone like me who isn't a wine drinker. Perfect place for a wine lover! The boat had an assortment of cheeses, the tour guide was very knowledgable, and the driver let us all drive for a period of time. An all around amazing time in the perfect location!

Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

I can’t recommend this wine tasting sunset cruise aboard ‘Wine Therapy’ enough, it was a brilliant evening.
Melissa behind the bar knows her wines and is a great hostess throughout the 2 hour wine tasting cruise. Her husband Kevin who skippers the ‘Wine Therapy’ took us out from Pier 39 into the bay up past the Palace of Fine Arts up to the Golden Gate Bridge where Kevin turns and holds the boat steady for photo opportunities, then it’s back past Alcatraz, under the Bay Bridge and into McCovey Cove and the Giants AT&T baseball park, then back to Pier 39.
I recommend upgrading to the premium wine tasting, where wines are from the $45 - $60 range, this provides a tasting of 6 premium wines (red in my case) as opposed to 4 with the regular tasting in the $25 - $45 dollar range of wines.
There’s a great atmosphere on board which is very inclusive. There’s snacks of bread, crackers and cheese, which Laura an Irish girl in San Francisco for two months who was helping Melissa out kept replenishing throughout the cruise.
Once you’ve had your tasting then head back to the bar and ask for a full glass of your favourite wine (you have to pay of course but the prices are way cheaper than on land and you’ve already tasted what you’ve just ordered).
Great evening,great hosts, great views.