“Delicious Taste of Spain in San Francisco”
Review of Lalola Bar De Tapas - CLOSED

Cuisines: Spanish
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Reviewed November 5, 2012

They have amazing sangria and the tapas, although small in portions are delicious and authentic. Depending on the day, you can find a variety of classic and modern tapas to choose from. Of course, the Patatas Bravas, Sangria and the Paella are a must. I'd recommend taking the cable car since parking is extremely tough since it’s located in Nob Hill.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I love Lalola! The food is quite excellent. I recommend the tortilla (it ain't Mexican so don't expect a flat, flour disc). Also the paella. That was the first time I ever had it, and I really enjoyed myself. The sangria is fabulous, and they have a pretty decent beer selection. The ambiance is very cozy, and the owner is such a sweet guy. Definitely check it out when you're in the area.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Found this place last night, wonderful food, fun and relaxed. But it's closing it's doors this weekend! What a loss to the area! Good luck on your new venture.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I just got back from Spain and so when a friend suggested this place, I was eager to find out if it is authentic. Pleasantly surprised! The two of us tried one of each tapa plus an extra plate of fried calamari and we could not finish everything. Every tapa was tasty. The fried calamari wasn't like those I had in Madrid as it was battered. They have a big container of red sangria ready to serve but I choose the wine sangria as it is supposed to be made from champagne instead of red wine. Theirs was decent. It was just right for me. Others might say it is too mild. The anchovies tapa is quite tasty and definitely try the pimento with stuffed tuna.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stopped in for Sangria and appetizers, after a full day of activities. LaLola's is a cozy place to unwind and relax. Enjoyed the Paella de Pescado, Paella Lalola, and Calamares Rebozados. My favorite selection, Chuletas de Cordero, was delicious!!! Couldn't resist ordering the Tarta de Santiago and Pudin de Curasán al Chocolate to share~ what treats:) Our servers were very attentive and helpful. Great place to gather as a couple or with a group of 8 such as we had!