1,366 results
All reviewsunion squaregreat locationellis streetcable carcontinental breakfastsingle roomrooms are smallaround the cornerbart stationpowell stmarket streettwo blockswestfield mallstreet noisecentral locationtenderloinpublic transport
Reviewed August 14, 2010

I found this hotel more than acceptable. I got a good price on Hotwire and despite them appearing to tell the hotel the wrong date I was going to be there I was checked in very easily. The room was surprisingly big. It was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was ok without being outstanding and it does say that they are building a new breakfast room. If I was coming to SF again and I could get a suitable price I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2010

This Hotel was a very nice surprise. It was in a very great location for the price. Walking distance to union square where there's lots of shops and bars. Friendly and efficient staff.

The room was quite spacious! We had a standard queen room. Plenty of space to walk around and a huge closet!! The bed was firm and the bedding was comfortable. Nice bathroom and the quality of the complimentary toiletries was excellent--they smelled great.
In the room was a fridge with drinks and a small basket of snack things that you could purchase for $1-$5.
The soundproofing was excellent. We heard absolutely nothing all night long. Fortunately we were staying over on a sunday night, when the nighclub was closed so that was no issue...but we really heard nothing from the busy street.

For $130 it was really worth it

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Pros: Excellent location (2 mins walk to the tram terminal and Market Street, 5 mins to Union Square), very spacious and comfortable rooms, friendly staff

Cons: It can be very noisy late at night (we were on the top floor but still heard cars, sirens, partygoers from the club immediately next door), the "breakfast" is superficial (small selection, you pick up what you want and have to eat it in your own room), valet parking is expensive and a hassle (you need to give at least 30 mins notice, and the drop-off parking spot at the hotel entrance is often taken by non-patrons - we almost got a parking ticket because of this)

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2010

A few steps from Market St., a Bart station and Union Square: location couldn't be better. The rooms are small and simple but very nice. There's wired high speed internet access -they give you an ethernet wire, which is odd but works. People are very nice. I would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 26, 2010

We stayed here for 5 nights in 2007. It is in an excellent location, close to restaurants, shops, and tram. We travelled on to San Fran, from LA, and followed it with Vegas. By far, we found accommodation in San Fran the most expensive, and for that reason alone compared to the standard of hotel in the other places, this hotel was a let down.

The room was tiny, the bed which was supposed to be a double, was really uncomfortable, not alone because we were practically lying on top of each other, but the mattress was really horrible, and gave me back pain.

If we looked out the window of our room, we were looking at a brick wall, and could hear fans from a/c in other buildings all night. The a/c in our room was insufficient, and didn't really work.

We were supposed to have a 'complimentary buffet breakfast'. Oh my god! We went up the first morning to this tiny box room, where you could help yourself to tea or coffee, or watery juice, in a styrofoam cup. The breakfast consisted of muffins! We didn't go back after that.

The bathroom was clean, but looked like it was in need of renovation, as it was pretty old fashioned.

All in all, I would return to this area again, but not this hotel. It wasn't worth the money, and couldn't really call itself a hotel. I think we got ripped off.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple