1,366 results
All reviewsunion squaregreat locationellis streetcable carcontinental breakfastsingle roomrooms are smallaround the cornerbart stationpowell stmarket streettwo blockswestfield mallstreet noisecentral locationtenderloinpublic transport
Reviewed April 28, 2009

This hotel might have been okay until the moment I stepped into the bathroom and found a used CONDOM on the floor. It was horrifying. When I made note of it to the front desk the woman working said she would have the manager get in contact with me (mind you they still charged us for our stay with them), and I still have not heard anything back. Anyone have any suggestions?
In addition, if you have a car and you valet expect to wait 20 minutes before they bring your car around. If you have plans to be at the airport, their method is not very efficient.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Avid13
Reviewed March 21, 2009

The location of this hotel is great. It's only about two blocks to the BART and Powell St. Station, which is an easy way to get there from the airport.

The room was decent. I liked that the door to the bedroom closed separate from the entrance/bathroom area. That was nice for sharing with a roommate who might come in at a different hour than you.

They have Internet, but bring your own Ethernet cable. Otherwise, you can pay for one.

The main complaint is that the hotel is next to a nightclub. It wasn't too noisy, and some of it is to be expected with the location in the middle of all the action. However, I'd say staying on a weeknight would be better than a weekend because of that. The music wasn't actually that bad, but the lines outside the club were long on Friday, and you could hear the people.

Considering this and the room that some of my other colleagues got at different hotel for a better price, I'd say it depends on the deal you find and whether you are staying on a weekend or not.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 13, 2009

Ok, it's not the Hyatt, or the Nikko, or the Hilton. It doesn't have the fancy restaurants, big rooms, etc. It does however have a great staff, clean rooms with great water pressure in the shower, modern amenities (lcd tv's in rooms), etc., and costs about half what those other guys charge.

Ok, so it doesn't have a restaurant. Dude - you're in Union Square - walk out the front door and you have about 100 different restaurants to choose from all within walking distance.

I do have to take away a few points for putting the ethernet jacks on the opposite side of the room from your work desk. But, that's why they call them "laptops," so not a deal breaker.

Having no a/c could be an issue in the summer, but in March it did not matter. Union Square offers a large variety of brand hotels, along with many historic independent hotels. The latter category includes some less than savory selections. Fusion is a good choice though, and if you're on a budget (and who isn't these days), this is a very good bet. Splurge a few extra dollars to get the upgraded rooms (i.e. Dlx King or Jr Ste) and you'll be in good shape.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank reviewanalyst
Reviewed February 22, 2009

I happened to like this hotel a lot. Yes from where I was staying, there was no noise.. However, just like most of the complaints on here.. no air came into my room.. NOTE: it was raining and cold here in SF... I had my window opened all the way up too.. .. For what I paid for this hotel, i'd say it was worth the stay and will continue on staying here as many times as I will come here.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed February 20, 2009

This would be a lovely hotel, should you not mind awful customer service and the nightclub conveniently located next door that plays obnoxiously loud music until after 2am. I'm 23 years old and it even irritated me. More so, the hotel neglects to warn you about this. Upon check-in, my reservation was not coded correctly (as I was visiting on business and my company is covering room and tax). A $50 pending charge was to be placed on my credit card for incidentals, however the hotel charged my card $150 EACH night that I stayed for a total of over $800 during the week that I was there, overdrawing my account resulting in hefty penalties and hours of phone calls to the bank. The hotel's Front Desk and Management staff could not have cared any less to assist in speaking with the bank. One associate even went as far to tell me "I'd take it up with your bank, it's not really our problem." I requested on FOUR different occassions via e-mail and voicemail to speak with a manager, only to have my calls and requests ignored. The hotel later informed me that it "was a computer glitch" and expected that that was explanation enough. The overall lack of concern is beyond alarming. I didn't know of the nightclub next door until Friday night, and even with my I-pod in, the noise was unbearable and apparently no other guestrooms were available to move to. So unbearable in fact, that it is now 2:15am, I am still unable to sleep and have a plane to catch in five hours. While the hotel is centrally located, I would not recommend it to my worst enemy. I have been here for a week, dealt with every Front Desk associate on the staff, only to find they're all as appalling as the Manager, that still hasn't returned one phone call. There were a slew of other small incidents during the week that went unresolved as well, but I'm running out of characters here. Bottom line: spend your money on a hotel that is deserving of your money, and this, I can assure you, is not the place.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business