Hotel Fusion
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$305
$229
$209
$209
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$217
$189
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
$309
$239
$279
$237
Westin.com
  • Room Service
$229
  • Bar/Lounge
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$415
$220
1,325 results
All reviewsunion squaregreat locationellis streetcable carcontinental breakfastsingle roomrooms are smallfifth floorbart stationpowell stmarket streetpriced hoteltwo blockswestfield mallstreet noisemini barcentral location
Reviewed April 9, 2013

When I travelled for business in Berkeley this was a good place to stay for business. The famous Market and Powell Street Car at the end of the block, restaurants, drugstores, clothing stores and subway all nearby. I was taking a mini-course at at a Berkely Computer Studio and commuted by rail back and forth each day.

They just outfitted all the rooms with AC units before I arrived. Truly San Fran weather is cool enough but the AC helps keep the humidity down. The place was the most affordable and most central that my business would pay for. The part is town is not bad, there are some street people in every large city - no one will pester you though they might ask for change. There is a guard at the door, you are very safe! There is a continental breakfast but I sprang for a sandwich on my own dime at McD's. The breakfast room is claustrophobic and packed with people, lots of friendly Aussies.

The drawbacks, I flew from the east coast, arrived by 11am local but they would not let me in the room until 3pm. I took a sightseeing tour and checked my luggage. I was beat by the end of the day.

People mention the noise from the club downstairs, I noticed it one night for like ten minutes but barely. Turn on the room fan on your AC and you won't hear a thing.

One pain in my back was having to lug my computer equipment and bookbag down the stairs every morning. They shut of the elevator from late night to each morning at some time but I wouldn't have minded it so much if I was there for vacay .... no, wait, It'd still peeve me. They don't put up signs so I kept thinking they were broken until a cleaning woman told me.

Room Tip: Choose a low floor, you might have to walk down stairs in the morning!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I make numerous short trips to San Francisco each year, as it is one of my favorite places on earth, and on this occasion I was only coming for one night, specifically for a concert by the San Francisco Symphony. I wanted a place that was close to Symphony Hall, and was also easily accessed from both the Amtrak Emeryville station and SFO International airport; (this was because I had arrived on the Amtrak California Zephyr and was flying to London the next day, so my flexibility was a bit limited.) Checking on the Booking.com website, and then on TripAdvisor to verify its quality, I found this charming little boutique hotel, within two blocks of the Powell St. BART station and only slightly farther from the concert hall.
The hotel was charming, with an Oriental motif, somewhat small but comfortable rooms, and a very friendly, helpful staff. A large breakfast buffet was included.in the price, which was extremely reasonable for a downtown SFO hotel. Parking would have cost me an extra $20 per night, but was not a concern on this trip. I will certainly return here on future trips, because of the excellent staff and convenient location!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank maestrolms
John D, Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear maestrolms,

Thank you so much for your extremely thorough review. Your positive feedback is very important to us as it is the best measure of our success. We know that when it comes to finding accommodations here in San Francisco the options are seemingly endless. Therefore knowing that you opted to stay at the Hotel Fusion to visit the San Francisco Symphony, is extremely special to us!
Lastly, thank you for mentioning my staff, and I agree with you wholeheartedly that they are excellent, and I feel blessed to be working alongside them. I'll be sure to share your kind words to my staff.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again to our boutique hotel soon!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I don't think the location and price can't be beat. Those are usually two important things when considering where to stay at. It is right next to Union Square with shopping and places to eat. The customer service at the front desk was exceptional. The only negative was that the room next to us decided to shower at 2:30 am and woke me up instantly because the shower pipes were right behind the headboard of the bed.

1  Thank Josh S

Dear Josh S,

So sorry that the room next to you woke you up! It was probably an early-bird flight, they have flights at SFO leaving as early as 4 AM.
I agree with you 110% that location and price are definitely the top two most important things when considering accommodations, especially when going to a destination where there are plethora of points of interest to see, and tons to do!
Thank you for mentioning Hotel Fusion's unbeatable location, competitive rates, and our friendly service, which we take great pride in, and and are often praised.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

3 nights including taxes cost me $330, so if you've got $500 plus budget then I wouldn't read the rest of this review and get a better hotel. If you're on a budget then this is a decent place when you take price and location into account. You are 2 minutes away from Powell St BART which makes things very convenient. The room is tiny, but I knew that and you probably know that, so for $330 I thought the size was ok, the bathroom was probably better than I expected, although a couple of flaws, shower curtain for example, but for price, can't really complain. Big plus was a superb air conditioning unit as it got really hot in the room. WiFi free as well.

The biggest negative was the club they have downstairs, we were on 2nd floor and stayed on a Friday and Sat and it was very loud, so a tip is to request say a 4th or 5th floor room.

Room Tip: Book direct, and receive a couple of complimentary drinks, or at least say you were told about it when you're checking in, you've got nothing to loose.
2  Thank Jigsinsy
John D, Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Jigsinsy,

Wow, what a deal! These are the type of rates that would even rival the hotels located in the outskirts of San Francisco. For the location and convenience factored in, this is definitely a bargain.
On a return visit to San Francisco, please contact me directly and I welcome you try one of our Deluxe rooms that are more spacious and situated on the higher floors, and see if we can get you to reconsider our boutique hotel aside from a budget standpoint.
Your feedback is very important to us, and many thanks for sharing it through TripAdvisor. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Fusion for 4 nights in early March of 2013. I found a good rate through a last minute deal on BookIt.com. Check in was a breeze and the hotel staff was always very helpful and friendly.

The hotel's rooms are very small but comfortable, and were renovated not too long ago. Our room wasn't luxurious, but it was very clean, the furniture was nice, and the bed was comfortable. Our room included a hair dryer, mini-fridge, and access to wi-fi and a small safe (without additional fees). The room also included bottled drinks and packaged snacks available for purchase. Even with the room's small size, we had plenty of space to store our stuff. There was a good-sized wardrobe sunk into the wall, a small dresser, and 2 night stands with 2 drawers each.

The hotel has a gym, though we didn't use it. All the walking around San Francisco that we did was our workout. :) The hotel also offers a continental breakfast of bagels, sweet rolls, oatmeal, fruit juice, coffee, and hot chocolate.

The hotel is in an old, slightly quirky building. When you enter the hotel's front door, there is a small lobby with an elevator and a bell hop / concierge desk that is always empty. The "real" front desk is down the hall toward the back of the first floor (you can see it from front door).

I requested a quiet room based on the comments of Trip Advisor reviewers. The staff was accommodating and gave us a room on the top floor and away from the street. We didn’t hear any noise from Infusion Lounge, a night club that’s connected to and run by the hotel. We did still hear occasional street noise but it didn't bother us. I was glad I had asked for a quiet room, though, because I anticipate a room closer to the street would have been really loud. The single-pane window in our room faced an inner courtyard and had an A/C unit in it....which let in noise.

The hotel is located within easy walking distance to the subway, many bus stops, and a cable car turnaround. We found that the subway really didn’t go to that many parts of the city, so we purchased a 3-day MUNI pass and stuck to buses, cable cars, and taxis. For example, we walked a short distance from the hotel to the cable car turnaround, rode the cable car to China Town, walked from China Town to Fisherman’s Warf (to see more of the city), and then took the trolley back to Union Square. It worked out really well for us. Oh, and the Trip Planner provided by the SF Transit is a very worthwhile tool (http://tripplanner.transit.511.org/mtc/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en). In the Trip Planner, you can type in the hotel’s address, your destination, and the time you want to leave, and the Trip Planner shows your transit options. Beware, though, of aggressive panhandlers and religious zealots in Union Square who you will undoubtedly come across on your way from the hotel to the cable car turnaround or subway entrance.

Room Tip: Higher floors that face the inner courtyard have less street noise.
4  Thank DelightfulTravlin

Dear delightfulTravlin,

It is a delight that your travlin brought you to Hotel Fusion to experience San Francisco - the Beautiful City by the Bay! Thank you for mentioning the friendly service, the convenient location, and our competitive rates. These three aspects of our hotel are our greatest prides and most highly praised assets.
Thank you for your detailed suggestions on how to get around the city, multi-day MUNI passes which can also be used (unlimited rides) on the San Francisco's World Famous Cable Car (steps away from Hotel Fusion), and especially your recommendation on 511.org; I am a local SF resident and I still use that site frequently, and I am certain our future guests will really appreciate your tips.
We are currently undergoing an expansion which will completely revamp our lobby along with a bar & restaurant, meeting/conference room etc., and once it is completed, there will only be one "real" front desk and it will be located at the... front =).
Thank you once again for your feedback, and we look forward to your next stay with us.