“Affordable hotel in great location”
Review of Hotel Fusion

Hotel Fusion
Ranked #121 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed January 24, 2013

In an era where most of the San Francsico hotels I've stayed in have priced themselves out of my budget, Hotel Fusion remains in a reasonable price range (except during big conventions and events) for a nicely situated, comfortable hotel. It's just a couple of non-hilly blocks from the BART station, the start of the Powell Street cable car line, and Union Square. Our room and bathroom were modest in size but very clean, well laid out, and with good facilities (comfortable king bed, big closet, desk, chair, minibar fridge with room for dinner leftovers). On previous stays we've had smaller rooms, but they have all been clean and comfortable. The staff was enthusiastic, friendly, and service oriented. 10 minutes after we got to our room the front desk called to make sure everything was okay. Several staff members made restaurant recommendations tailored to our requests, and one was able steer us to the best cannoli in town. It does get noisy on the street at night (a problem in many SF hotels); bring earplugs if you need them. The lobby is small; there's no lobby bar or restaurant, which is not a problem in this restaurant and bar-intensive city. A basic breakfast is available (pastries, instant oatmeal, pieces of fruit) if you're really budget minded.

Room Tip: If the size of the room matters to you, ask the friendly staff for assistance when you book
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Diane102_12
John D, Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Diane102_12,

Thank you for staying with us and for your excellent review. We are glad to hear that the amenities we offer and the services we provide were valued. Exceeding our guests’ expectations and creating a unique, personalized guest experience is our pride and joy.
Thank you for your recommendation on the earplugs and we have them available at the front desk for our guests. On a final note, we are currently undergoing an expansion renovation, and we will soon be having a better and bigger lobby, and a lobby bar!

Our warmest regards, and we look forward to impressing you again on your return visit!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Fusion

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We rushly booked the room for a night and found that this hotel was only a minute walk from Powell Station(train station in the heart of the city from the airport). Staff were friendly and welcome to answer questions. The bed was amazingly comfortable and amenities were provided in the bathroom. The only thing I'd like to comment is that the room is really small and the heater/fan was not so easy to use. I however enjoyed my stay and think it was truly worth the money.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Nattanuch
John D, Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Nattanuch,

Your positive feedback is one of the main sources of our success, so thank you for sharing it through TripAdvisor. I am glad to know that the products and services we offered were valued.

Every guest represents an opportunity to create a relationship for us; one that is rooted in our appreciation to you for having made the decision to stay at our hotel. I can’t begin to express just how rewarding it is to hear how our strive to excellent customer service did not go unnoticed.

Our warmest regards, and we look forward to impressing you again on your return visit.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I went with my husband 4 nights to this hotel, and the location is perfect. In the heart of the center. It is very clean also. The only problem is that the rooms are very very small, and the air conditioner makes a loud noise that bother a lot.
It is good if you are not going to spend a lot of time in the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elvira R
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Nice boutique property close to Union Square, but rooms are tiny. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

Weird experience with breakfast, where the attendant tried to close it down early, then was claiming to multiple guests that the end time had passed. Very rude.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank PolarBear777
John D, Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear PolarBear777,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your feedback. Our apologies regarding the size of the room. Being built almost a century ago, our historic building features variable room sizes, from cozier to larger ones. On a return visit, I welcome you try one of our spacious Deluxe rooms.

It leaves me very disappointed to learn that you may have had an issue regarding our temporary breakfast arrangement. Our goal is to recognize we may not have met your expectations and we want to make it right.
I would love to investigate your incident further. Please feel free to contact me directly, so I can research your concern, and see what I can do to turn this experience around for you.

I would like to thank you for your insight as it will help us better serve our guests in the future.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I went to San Francisco for a concert at the Warfield. I chose Hotel Fusion because it was easy walking distance from BART and to the theater and had good reviews. The staff at the hotel was cheerful and helpful, even calling my room after check in to make sure all was OK. The room was small but perfect for me as a solo traveler and the price was great for the area ($88 including all taxes). I was most impressed with the security, as a single female. At night I had to show my key card to get into the hotel and then the key card was required to operate the elevator. I would definitely return, especially if the price was that right again. My only complaint - the bed is on a platform with sharp corners which I banged into more than once and have the shin bruises to prove it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ediSusan
John D, Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear ediSusan,

Thank you for staying with us at the Hotel Fusion and for your incredible feedback. We are glad you mentioned our fantastic location, competitive rates, our ever-so-cheerful - always happy to serve staff, and our security team who ensures the safety of all our guests. We are very delighted that the services we've provided were valued and exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Fusion for one night, and if you read the reviews from past visitors it is pretty accurate. The location could not be any better...one block from all public transportation, fantastic shopping, and great dining. The rooms are small, however, SPOTLESS! The care that the staff and management put into the small rooms make it worth every penny. Who travels all the way to San Francisco to sit around a large hotel room anyway? We slept and showered there. They provide a small fridge with minibar which is extremely responsibly priced for the city.

The breakfast is continental with limited choices, however, fresh and free so no complaints. The parking is outrageously priced at 37 after tax, yet we knew that when booking so no shock there. I would recommend this lovely little gem to anybody who asked.

Room Tip: Corner rooms on upper floors during the week due to nightclub noise....they are closed on Sundays an...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1Shish
John D, Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear 1Shish,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Fusion during your visit to San Francisco, and for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor. I would like to especially thank you for mentioning the friendly service, the convenient location, and the cleanliness of our rooms. These three aspects of our hotel are our greatest prides and most highly praised assets.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to our boutique hotel on your next visit to San Francisco.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I would totally reccommend this hotel. I stayed for two nights. The staff is very friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms are nicely decorated as is the lobby. They are very clean. Breakfast was good. There is water and coffee in the reception all round the clock. The location was fantastic.

The rooms look just like the pictures.

Room Tip: Breakfast is on the 5th floor so ask for a room on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple