“good location to downtown and you do not need a car.”
Review of Hotel Fusion

Hotel Fusion
Ranked #122 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed November 7, 2012

the hotel is actually very nice and in a great location for downtown. downtown is quite crowded and close together, so you actually wont need a car in san fran as trams and buses make it easy to get around. we hired a car and it is $35 for small cars and $45 for large cars to park in their overnight valet, or if you are going out eary enough, park in the Ellis and O'Farrell parking garage it woks out cheaper. downtown has a lot of homeless people so please be prepared for that. i wasnt!! but the hotel its self is very nice, and apart from an incident. if i was ever to go back to San Fran (which i wont) i would stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a 2 doubles room
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
John D, Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear TraceyMania,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Fusion during your stay in San Francisco, and for giving us a review on TripAdvisor. I am certain that our future guests will appreciate your advices.

You are absolutely correct that one does not need a vehicle to get around. Hotel Fusion is in the heart of downtown San Francisco's Union Square, and there are plenty of public transportation options: The Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) will take you from the San Francisco International Airport to a block away from Hotel Fusion - BART train is both speedy and economical! The World Famous Cable Car is only steps away, and the F Line Street Car which runs along Market Street that will take you to Castro Street, AT&T Park (home of the World Series Champions SF Giants!) or the Fisherman's Wharf is only a block away. Plethora of shops are also within waking distance from Hotel Fusion including high end and designer stores.

Should you change your mind on going back to San Francisco, please do consider Hotel Fusion as your home away from home - we would be delighted to have you as our guest once again.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Well, I was really surprise from this boutique hotel. Let's start from the reception staff. They were really friendly and young. The other positive was that the elevator needed the room card to go up and in this area with the homeless around I was feeling safe. About the single room. Well, it was really small, but it was clean nicely furnish and as I am visiting San Francisco to meet some local friends, I needed a room to sleep as I was going to stay out all day. I did not mine about the size of the room. I requested a quite room and I got one. The WiFi was free and it was quite fast
and the breakfast was just fine with me. Every morning I was eating two croissants :)
With this rate of $69,00 I will certainly stay here again. The only downside was there was only one elevator. If you are planning to spend time in the room, stay elsewhere, otherwise you will enjoy Fusion Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a quite room
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear mixalakh,

Thank you so much for giving us a review on Tripadvisor, and for staying with Hotel Fusion.

I am delighted to hear that you had a good interaction with our reception staff, and I'll be sure to share your positive feedback with them.It's see good to know that you had the chance to take advantage of our single room deal - this is a perfect room for those who are traveling alone and are on a budget.

Thank you once again for your review, and looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was a good option located downtown, just 1 block away from my conference and for almost half the price compared to the conference's hotel rate. I stayed for 5 days, the room I had was one above the lowest price with a queen bed and was quite tiny, not much space and the only window was facing the inside walls, so not a good view, and with a quite loud window air conditioner but the temperature wasn't as hot to have it on all the time. The staff was super friendly and the location was great, in walking distance to the main downtown areas. My only thing for not giving a higher rating is that the night before leaving there was some kind of argument on the room next door very loudly that the police even came by (too much Halloween partying) and the day I left the elevator broke down I was on the third floor so I didn't had it as bad as the guys from the 5th floor. Overall is a good place if you want to save money and just need a place to crash.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We've stayed at Fusion and found the room clean, the employes were very cheerfull and helpfull. But the valet parking is awful. We have to wait more than 40 minutes for a car and after we left the hotel we discovered that the driver had hit the curbs with the wheels of our friend's car. The worst is that the Hotel is not given any attention to his complaint. So, be carefull with valet parking!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
John D, Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear luizcaeiro,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at Hotel Fusion while visiting San Francisco and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to hear that our service level met your standards in order to make your stay more pleasant with us.

I do apologize for the delay on valet parking. Here at Hotel Fusion, we strive to ensure complete guest satisfaction and will address your concerns with the utmost importance. We are currently in the process of acquiring a different valet parking company that would be more inline with our service levels and general philosophy. Please accept my personal apologies for the inconvenience we may had caused you.

On a return visit to San Francisco in the near future, please contact me directly and I will handle your reservation, and I will personally see to it that your stay with us is both pleasurable and memorable.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed 9 nights at the Fusion hotel and would definitely recommend it. The reception staff are definitely the hotel's biggest strength. They did everything possible to make my stay a pleasant one.
I was extrmely impressed that there was a computer room we could use an also a gym. These were added bonuses.
The only imperfection was breakfast as there was no healthy option available but, in the greater scheme of things, that was only a minor glitch.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear cunctatorCanada,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for staying with us at Hotel Fusion and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you had a splendid interaction with our staffs. I am also glad to hear that you were able to utilize our complimentary business and fitness center.

We are undergoing a renovation construction for a banquet room that will allow us to offer more breakfast varieties and a place to sit for all of our guests.

Looking forward to your next visit, and thank you again for your review!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

it is meant to be a budget hotel, and with that in mind it is good. it is however in an exellent location and whilst the rooms are very small and simple (a bit stuffy and airless) and breakfast (from a cupboard) is more than basic! the staff are incredibly helpfull and friendly.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The hotel is definitely a budget hotel, rooms are small, but hotel is nice and clean. The staff are very friendly and helpful, good location in union square. Has a restaurant/ club next door, went for free drinks that came with the room and looked like a nice place.
Overall a really good value compared to what you can get in such a touristy neighborhood.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business