“Excellent hotel in an excellent location! Can't recommend it enough!”
Review of Hotel Fusion

Hotel Fusion
Ranked #122 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent hotel in an excellent location! Can't recommend it enough!”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I met up with a girlfriend for a weekend in San Francisco, and Hotel Fusion was perfect for what we needed. After reading reviews on the noisy nightclub next door, we requested a room on the opposite side of the building. Which we were lucky enough to get! We got a room as far from the nightclub as possible and we didn't have any trouble with noise (other than the occasional walking around from the neighbors upstairs). The breakfast, I thought, was great. I'm a huge carb fan so the pastry spread was welcomed. The location of the hotel is perfect- you're right downtown in all the action, so you can take a break from site-seeing but not feel like you're out of the excitement of the city. We didn't try the attached Chinese restaurant, but we did check out the sushi place across the street, and it was pretty amazing. The hotel staff was accommodating and the housekeepers respected our "Do not disturb" sign on the door (I've never been too trusting of strangers having access to my things while I'm not around, and I have had housekeepers ignore the sign...).

I would definitely stay here again next time!!

Room Tip: Definitely request a room away from the nightclub. We went to the nightclub, and I have no idea how...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
John D, General Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Dear Huskerjos,

Thank you for being our guest at the Hotel Fusion and for giving us a great review on Trip Advisor on our hotel property! I especially would like to thank you for recommending our hotel. I am certain that our future guests will really appreciate your recommendations.
I am happy to hear that you were able to utilized our complimentary breakfast and enjoyed the variety of pastries we offer. Hotel Fusion is one of the few amongst our competitors that still offers complimentary breakfast.
I see that you visited a nearby restaurant. On your next visit to Hotel Fusion, I welcome you to try our restaurant at the Infusion Lounge. Hotel guests receives discounts to dine at Infusion Lounge.
Our Chef Evan Turner has prepared a Pan Asian (“east meets west”) menu covering a selection of amazing dishes from across Asia with western influence. Our diverse menu is perfect for Happy Hour dining or pre-club dining Wednesday to Saturday before club nights!

Thank you once again for posting a review on Trip Advisor, and for being our guest.
I am looking forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Georgia
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The skinny-wonderful idea, poor execution. This hotel needs more to be ranked among more worthy hotels.
Service is fine at Hotel Fusion and the staff does anything within reason to accommodate guests needs. 24 hour reception and service.  It is intended as an Asian/American blend and the lobby pulls it off well. The room was handicap accessible, leaving the possibility that all rooms are not as spacious. There was No Air Conditioner in the room. The staff sent up a portable  A/C unit. It wasn't enough with temperatures in the mid to upper 70's in the bay area. Also, though the room was very clean, there was a baby roach on the portable A/C. This was the only pest activity noticed. There is a refrigerator (overpriced snacks and minibar), safe, fan,  iron and board, and coffee maker in the room. No Microwave. Many trip advisors mention outside noise being a problem. This was non issue on the fifth floor. A room key must be used to operate the elevator. Breakfast is served in a cramped room on the top floor with bagels, fruit (be early for anything besides an orange), juice and coffee. It is a mediocre continental breakfast at best but is something to get the day started. Fusion has arrangements with a Town Car for transport to and from the airport. The price is around $50 which is comparable and more comfortable than a taxi. There is valet parking that costs around $30 per night. It requires around twenty minutes for retrieval once parked. Hotel Fusion is just around the corner from trolleys, Union Square, SOMA, and lots of food and shopping. Location is prime and for a bed and roof the hotel will suffice for a short stay.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Kevobooker

Travelers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Our assigned check-in room was really small to what I envisioned. I asked for a change of room if possible comparable to our travelling friends. The desk personal (manager? as he was in a suit), checked and came up with another room and asked us to go see if it is suitable. This room is the same as our friends. It has the vanity outside the bathroom, which is very handy. The bathroom also has a tub. The room is spacious. No A/C but there is an overhead fan. The temperature is warm, but with the fan on, it cool down very well. Had to turn it off after about 20 minutes. The free breakfast is on the 5th floor. It must a been a storage room converted. It has real orange juice, various danishes, cinnamon rolls, flake cereals, and fresh oranges as well as the coffee and tea. Need to take the tray of food to your room to eat. The location is great with no vehicle. The BART station, Union Square where all tour buses seem to stop, transit bus stops are all with 2 - 3 blocks. Hotel staff is friendly and helpful. Elevator is room card operated. Although close to Market St and Powell St, the room is quiet. There is a room safe, fridge - be sure it's on, and use of bath robes, Oh - they also provide turn-down bed service with chocolates. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with vanity outside bathroom.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Keparametric
John D, General Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear Kim E,

Thank you for staying with Hotel Fusion on your recent visit to San Francisco, and many thanks for your detailed and descriptive review. Your feedback and input are greatly appreciated, and I am certain that our future guests will truly appreciate your review as well.

I am glad to hear that the room transfer worked out for you, and I am relieved to hear that the ceiling fan sufficed on cooling the room. We will be getting a facelift soon, and air conditioners will be part of the project. Thank you for trying out our complimentary continental breakfast; Hotel Fusion is one of the few amongst our competitors that still offer complimentary breakfast. Our upcoming renovation will also include a banquet room with seating for all of our guests, and we can offer more varieties for breakfast.

Thank you once again for being our guest, and giving us an outstanding review.
Looking forward to your next visit!
California, Maryland
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Centrally located, clean, small room but all I needed. My room was reasonably quiet but heard that others can be loud. Ask for a quiet room when you reserve. One minute from Powell Bart station. Some Bart stations have parking. You can pay for reserve parking at Bart, $5 per day, and use Bart. Check on various hotel sites, e.g., hotels.com. I found a really good rate that made it a real bargain. Wound up paying $82 a night with all taxes and fees.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank creativity2001
New York
Reviewed April 20, 2012

This hotel is steps from the Powell Street (@ Market) Muni stop so it is convenient. The surrounding neighborhood varies between ritzy and dodgy. The hotel itself is nice, boutiquish, but I could see how anyone could easily get in. Having siad that I did feel safe. The hotel actually has rooms for one! With single twin beds. In small rooms. But for me it was just enough. There was a small fridge, that was somewhat stocked but left enough room for my things. The bed was comfortable. There was a large closet and nice bathroom. I had two rooms here. The first was on the 2nd floor (room 217) and the window opened onto a landing shared by other rooms. It was also across from the ice machine so the staff gladly changed it for me. My second room was on the top floor (510) and had an inside courtyard window and felt more spacious because of the design. Most of the staff are very friendly and great. The breakfast is on the 5th floor and is "grab and Go" so there's nowhere to eat except your room. They had a nice selection of danish that was in stock until the breakfast hours finished (7-9am). The neighborhood leaves a LOT to be desired if you walk two blocks in the wrong direction. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room if you want quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
John D, General Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Dear stevinazo,

Thank you for staying with Hotel Fusion on your recent visit to San Francisco, and I would like to especially thank you for posting a detailed and informative review on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear the the room transfer and our Twin (Single) room worked out for you. Please do keep Hotel Fusion in mind for your next stay. Thanks again.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 19, 2012 via mobile

My experience with this hotel is a rather pleasant one.

Location is the best part about the hotel. 400metres from all major transport networks and major shopping stores.

Service was good. They helped me safe keep a baseball tickets one month prior my arrival, gladly helped me print my airport shuttle confirmation ticket. Housekeeper was attentive to details.

As this is no luxury hotel, the rooms were smaller if you made that comparison. But it worked well for me and my wife.

Breakfast was simple. Nothing to rave about but its good to keep you full.

With regard to the noise, yes, you can hear some noise but its not earth shattering. As an advice you could try to get one room that is not facing the main street.

In all, 4 stars for a good value for money hotel.

Jason
Singapore

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Jason_Chan84
John D, General Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Dear Jason_Chan84,

Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review. We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and appreciate you taking the time to give us a feedback on our hotel property!

Thank you once again for giving us a good review, and please do keep Hotel Fusion in mind on your next visit to San Francisco. See you again!
sault ste marie
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Hotel was priced right and very clean. Our main complaint is we are light sleepers and were put in room 220. We stayed Saturday night and the bar next door was literally vibrating our room. We have a white noise macine to drowned out noise but the bass from next door was overwhelming. We asked the front dest to be moved but she said the hotel was booked. Even walking down the hallway the bass was overwhelming. It literally took over 2 hours to fall asleep. Hotel was located right next to the subway in the heart of the downtown which was nice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear chris e,

Thank you for staying with Hotel Fusion on your recent visit to San Francisco and for giving us a review on Trip Advisor. We value your input and your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Due to a sold out situation, we were unable to accommodate you to another room away from the bar, and for that, please accept my personal apology. Please know that we are continuously looking into and researching options that can minimize the noise generated by the bar.
On a return visit to San Francisco, I would welcome you to give Hotel Fusion another try. Please contact me directly and I will personally handle your reservation; I will see to it personally that your stay will be both pleasurable and memorable.

In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.