“Pretty good!”
Review of Hotel Fusion

Hotel Fusion
Ranked #123 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Location is great, and that's a huge plus. Yes the rooms are small, I'm 6ft 4, and when you add bags from you and your partner, its snug at best. The bed is small too. If you like swinging cats, maybe it's not for you. In all honesty though, you don't come here to stay in the room or for a luxury stay. It's perfectly adequate to sleep in, nice and clean to freshen up, and nicely located to get out and see San fran. Plus let's be Frank, it's cheap! You can hear the nightclub, but if you are not shattered from a day exploring, what have you been doing? All in all it's good, clean, cheap hotel in the city centre.

• Stayed: November 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (1,298)

Reviewed November 9, 2011

About the only thing good about this hotel is it's location. It is within walking distance of the Bart and very close to Union Square. They have a night club next door, so it is awfully loud in your room until the wee hours of the night. The rooms are super SMALL.
The worst thing about them is their service. I shared a room with a friend and when we checked out, we asked to split the charge on separate credit cards. The receptionist said it was fine.
A few weeks later, my friend noticed she was DOUBLE charged and I wasn't charged at all. It took multiple calls from us to resolve this issue.
I finally spoke to the manager, Gun Wook Pak, and he promised to charge my card and remove the double charge from my friend's credit card. He assures me that it is finally resolved.
Then I get an email saying that there was one more final step, I had to scan a copy of my credit card front and back and a copy of my driver's license in order to process my transaction.
I replied that I didn't find this to be secure and that I would not do that. I never heard back from him, but checked my credit card online and sure enough I was charged for the hotel.
Their customer service is horrible!
The Union Square area has plenty of other hotels to stay at and you won't have to worry about the head ache I went through with these folks.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Terry H
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Stayed there during our trip to San Francisco and it was alright. Pros - great location, good price for the area and the parking attendants were very nice and polite. Cons - the beds were really uncomfortable/hard, did not receive my VIP passes for the night club as stated in my online reservations but was upgraded to a junior suite, the biggest con was the staff being just plain out rude. When checking out, the front desk clerk tried charging me for another persons bill and treating me as if I were an illiterate idiot when trying to tell her all I own is two nights parking. When she put the bill in front of me, I seen it was not my name and she took it back without an apology and then insisted I gave her the wrong room number when it was clearly written on the key packet I had handed back to her. I would stay there again but wouldn't give the staff (front desk) the satisfaction! The owner needs to teach them about proper customer/service etiquette!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sbidwell
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Location is wonderful. Close to Union Square and Bart and bus station. That is about the only thing good about this place. I reserved online with debt mastercard and confirmed payment details by phone. Upon check in was told a security deposit would be held on my card over and above the cost of the room. No where during registration, on the web site or during the phone call was I told of this policy. This froze my checking account and the funds I had available for my weekend stay for 3 days not allowing me access to spending, food or transportaion money for the weekend. When I discussed the issue with staff they were very rude and stated if my card did not go thru with added deposit we would not be able to check in. The room was VERY small, had older torn linens, had NO A/C was very HOT AND STUFFY. The window had NO SCREEN on it and it was not save to leave window open during the night. Room had a view of a dark ally and the side of a brick wall. There was a very noisey fan available and I woke up each morning with a headache from the heat and stuffiness that soon went away after going outside. Free Wifi was nice and also used the office center but computers in the office center froze up several times. Breakfast was far from light and healthy. Def. not worth the price I paid. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jorpeyt
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Great hotel, a stone's throw from Union Square, but more importantly Powell and Market for (i) BART station from both San Francisco International and Oakland airports (ii) cable car turnaround to Fisherman's Wharf and (iii) F trolley to either the Wharf or out to Castro. Rooms very clean, decent size, ver safe but don't wander too far in opposite direction to Powell. Fantastic dinner at Tad's Steakhouse for 15 dollars just 1 block away!!! Very friendly staff - and a decent enough bit of breakfast to set you off on a day's explore - definitely my hotel of choice on any subsequent visit!!!!!

Room Tip: Suites are great if you can spare the extra cash.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stayed for 4 nights over a holiday weekend. The location was great - just steps from BART (their subway system) which we took to and from the airport, super easy ($8.10). Trolley pick up were steps away and cabs were easily accessible (about $12-15 to Pier 39). Surrounded by tons of stores and 2 blocks down from Union Square and all of the shops. Front Desk was super friendly and knowledgable. The room was a little bit nicer/trendier looking in the photos than in person but, it was totally fine. We originally had a queen room which we were able to see first and then upgraded to a king room because only King and Junior Suite rooms have Air conditioning, a must have for us. The room was clean and bathroom functional. Water pressure could have been worse and they gave you toothpaste in the toiletry gifts which is not common. The bed was fine for me but not that comfortable for my better half who has back problems. The sheets were pilled which made it rough on the legs so we asked for the sheets to be changed out. New sheets came and they were still pilled. A battle that was not worth fighting. Just a reflection of the quality. The hallway going to the room needed some tlc. Smelled like a hospital, needs a updated carpet and wallpaper/paint and better lighting as in dimmer. Over all I would stay here again without hesitation. You cannot beat the location and value.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed at the fusion for 1 night in Sept '11 and as we were only in the city for 1 night looked for the cheapest hotel we could find without dropping our standards too low.

On our arrival into San Fran we found the hotel easily enough and on entering was greeted by the concierge(who incidentally was very helpful and offered us advice and a number of maps of the city).
The reception is very basic and the staff were relatively friendly allowing us to leave our luggage in the reception as we wanted to head straight out into the city.

We paid around $130(£85ish) for our room which had a decent sized double bed, a tv, mini fridge, good sized bathroom and decent sized wardrobe.
I read mixed reviews on the standard of the rooms and will state that they are slightly above average but for the price i guess you get what you pay for.

Having visited San Francisco a number of times it was nice to know that Union Square, 2 Bart stations and the trams were not far from this hotel.

Would i stay here again? I think its ok for 1 night but anything longer i would rather pay the extra £40-£50 and stay somewhere a little nicer.

Room Tip: We requested a room at the back of the hotel away from the main street as we noticed some people had...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple