“Tons of fun for the kids”

Ripley s Believe It or Not! San Francisco
Two-Day Hop-On Hop-Off Alcatraz and San Francisco Highlights Package
Ranked #144 of 542 things to do in San Francisco
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: With over 70 interactive and hands-on exhibits, San Francisco's Believe It or Not! Odditorium is the most interactive in the world! It is home to more than 400 exhibits, , in 18 themed galleries, with a new emphasis on the Bay Area.
Rocklin, California
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Tons of fun for the kids”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Took 3 ages 7-13 for the first time and they had a blast. The 9 year old just kept saying "I don't believe it". The place really made an impression. Lots to talk about after all we saw.
We went on a Sunday which ends up was the day a billion people decided to also go. Surprisingly enough we went through pretty easily. They have good staff and very helpful too especially when we needed a bathroom pronto. I think we would all agree we would all go again.

1 Thank Brookfieldsfan

• Hebrew first
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Interesting but too expensive, not worth it, not enough content!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I knew better but my daughters had been looking forward to this for a long time. First if you've been to one no need to try another basically the same thing. We did it 3 years ago and not much changed:( too expensive save your money for parking:)

Las Vegas, Nevada
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Waste of money”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is included if you go into Ripley's Believe It or Not - we didn't. Two of us went in - adult and child - 10 minutes to get through it and $20 wasted. Don't bother. It is not like the old fashioned mirror and glass houses... you put on gloves and can feel your way through. It is dark and has lights on the floor,. Big disappointment...

California
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Cheesy Wharf Experience”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

When you are in touristy areas, you do stupid cheesy things that you wouldn't ordinarily spend your money on. Ripley's is one of those things. Unfortunately, it's a tad pricey, so you have to decide if you are willing to spend money on a small cheesy attraction to have done it, or skip it entirely and save your money. We decided to embrace the cheesiness. We ended up getting the 3 attraction package, which included the mirror maze and the wax museum, both of which are not worth it. If we had it to do over again, I'd only recommend the Ripley's Believe it or Not part. It doesn't take a long time to go through unless you stop and read every single sign, but some parts of it are fun and interesting. One complaint that I have is that some of the fun parts actually require more money. If you are going to include Zoltar, then give me a token to use it as part of my admission instead of charging me an additional dollar. It's kind of like paying for entrance to an arcade. The mirror maze took us 5 minutes and was a bit of a bummer.

San Diego
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Small but fun!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I originally did not want to go Ripley's Believe it or Not in San Francisco, but I went in to the ticket office just for a peek. I was met by a surprise: the models and some of the exhibits were interesting. I knew my family would enjoy it, and we went back the next day. The tickets were a little expensive, but luckily enough you can find a coupon on any of the maps and brochures in San Francisco, so we got a price break. Although the museum was a bit small, it was entertaining and we enjoyed looking at the many exhibits there were. However, some of the information repeated itself and not all the museum seemed to fit with the Believe It or Not! theme because it was just historical. My family did not go into the mirror maze, but it seemed to be fun from the expressions of the families exiting it. Even though Ripley's was a short visit, it was an enjoyable activity for an afternoon or evening.

Visited June 2013