“Cheesy Wharf Experience”

Two-Day Hop-On Hop-Off Alcatraz and San Francisco Highlights Package
Ranked #144 of 542 things to do in San Francisco
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: With over 70 interactive and hands-on exhibits, San Francisco's Believe It or Not! Odditorium is the most interactive in the world! It is home to more than 400 exhibits, , in 18 themed galleries, with a new emphasis on the Bay Area.
California
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Cheesy Wharf Experience”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

When you are in touristy areas, you do stupid cheesy things that you wouldn't ordinarily spend your money on. Ripley's is one of those things. Unfortunately, it's a tad pricey, so you have to decide if you are willing to spend money on a small cheesy attraction to have done it, or skip it entirely and save your money. We decided to embrace the cheesiness. We ended up getting the 3 attraction package, which included the mirror maze and the wax museum, both of which are not worth it. If we had it to do over again, I'd only recommend the Ripley's Believe it or Not part. It doesn't take a long time to go through unless you stop and read every single sign, but some parts of it are fun and interesting. One complaint that I have is that some of the fun parts actually require more money. If you are going to include Zoltar, then give me a token to use it as part of my admission instead of charging me an additional dollar. It's kind of like paying for entrance to an arcade. The mirror maze took us 5 minutes and was a bit of a bummer.

Visited July 2013

• Hebrew first
San Diego
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Small but fun!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I originally did not want to go Ripley's Believe it or Not in San Francisco, but I went in to the ticket office just for a peek. I was met by a surprise: the models and some of the exhibits were interesting. I knew my family would enjoy it, and we went back the next day. The tickets were a little expensive, but luckily enough you can find a coupon on any of the maps and brochures in San Francisco, so we got a price break. Although the museum was a bit small, it was entertaining and we enjoyed looking at the many exhibits there were. However, some of the information repeated itself and not all the museum seemed to fit with the Believe It or Not! theme because it was just historical. My family did not go into the mirror maze, but it seemed to be fun from the expressions of the families exiting it. Even though Ripley's was a short visit, it was an enjoyable activity for an afternoon or evening.

2 Thank Michele85
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Wish I could get my money back”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

$10.00 a person for the mirror maze. What a complete ripoff! There's $30.00 we can't get back! It took 5 mins to get through (its very small) and oh you can do it again but really how many times do you need to do it. It's a joke....don't do it!!!!! Save your hard earn money and shame on them for charging that!

Seattle, Washington
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Not worth your $20”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My son loves the Ripley books, but I was disappointed in the museum. It's like walking through a building with the book segments displayed. They try to make it more interesting by making up "dummy" exhibits, such as the world's tallest man, but the lack of crowds as we went through was notable. We did not do the mirror maze. Not worth it

Southern California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“So much fun!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We enjoyed this museum very much! All kinds of stuff for the whole family to enjoy...crazy things to see and do. Prices are a little high in my opinion...but still was a fun night!

Visited March 2013