“What once was good falls to average fare”

The Little Chihuahua
Ranked #887 of 5,741 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Haight-Ashbury
Neighborhood: Haight-Ashbury
San Francisco, California
“What once was good falls to average fare”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I've been going to Little Chi since they opened and while I was once enamored, I find myself consistently disappointed with how simply average their food has become.

Very, very friendly and efficient staff.

The food has become nothing of consequence: a close convenience when venturing further a field for better fare isn't in the cards. I think walking a little further for something better has come to order.

I do also wonder about the entirely white service personnel and the all latino cook staff...in a mexican restaurant.

I think that may have to do with it being the dream of a gringo whose dream has gone astray on a couple of counts.

• Visited April 2012

San Francisco
“Excellent Mexican food”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I usually go here for take-out burritos, but I dine there sometimes too. They have standard Mexican fare - burritos, enchiladas, tacos, etc. Their burritos and everything else I've tried are excellent. The place is small, and every evening it is completely packed (this alone tells you how good it is!). Service is limited - you order at the counter, and bus your own table. Interesting Mexican decor adds to the rather noisy bustling ambiance. The chips and salsa bar are yummy. And prices are low - a real bargain!

• Visited November 2011