“Great food and bargain”

Neighborhood: Union Square
California
“Great food and bargain”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Excellent Thai food. Excellent service. Outstanding prices.

In San Francisco, or any big city, I expect to pay a lot. I ordered a glass of wine, expecting a very small amount. Instead, I was served a large goblet of good stuff for $7. I ordered fried bananas with coconut ice cream. There were two bananas and about three scoops of ice cream.

My daughter-in-law is Thai, so I am fairly knowledgeable about the cuisine. I highly recommend the Old Siam.

• Visited December 2012

• Korean first
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Good food, big portions”
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Tasty thai food for a good price! We're looking for a place to eat, in the rain, and found this one and we're very happy.

Veldhoven
“Small, cosy restaurant with good Thai food.”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed in the Hilton for a couple of nights, which is right next door. The concierge pointed me to this restaurant, and it appeared to be a good choice. It is a small, somewhat plain restaurant, but also given the fact that it was quite packed, people appreciated the good food and friendly service. Should I stay again in the neighborhood, I would certainly want to eat there again.

Visited November 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Good food on the cheap”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The food was good. The service and environment is something to be desired. It was cheap for the city of San Francisco. They do a nice job if your willing to assist serving yourself.

• Visited October 2012
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Good food, service a bit slow”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The good:
The food was good, I had the chicken satay which was okay, and the thai pad se'ew which was very good.
Another very nice thing was a TV running pictures of all the different plates on the menu, which helps choose.

The bad:
The service was slow. I waited 15 minutes with no waiter showing up to take my order, eventually I had to get up and call one. The food arrived in a timely manner, but after that when I wanted to order a drink no waiter was to be found again. I made do without. In the end, had to wait quite a while so they take my credit card for the bill.
The restaurant was not very busy at the time, 3 waiters for like 6 tables.

• Visited October 2012