“What a fun place!”

San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a fun place!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

After reading reviews on this and another website, we decided to give Codmother's a try, and we're happy we did. A food truck? You bet! The two ladies taking orders were so much fun, we just smiled as we overheard their conversations with customers. Soooo funny! You would think every customer was a long lost friend. We were lucky enough to find seating, and really enjoyed our lunch.
The fish and chips were outstanding. Reminded me of my childhood in New England. The fish was moist, the coating was light and cripsy. The chips weren't bad either. If the cable cars and buses had been running, we would have enjoyed lunch here every day of our stay.

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
California
“Fantastic fish and chips!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Read reviews on Yelp and decided to give them a try. I ended up eating 2 out of 3 dinners here, they were SO good. Got the standard fish and chips the first night; 2 fish pieces were huge and well fried and loved the malt vinegar and tartar I added. The second time, I got the fish/shrimp combo; 4 large shrimp and a piece of fish that seemed like it was easily 10 inches long! It hung over the sides of my dish! Again, fish was wonderfully fresh and so were the 4 shrimp. I asked for no salt on my fish and chips the second time and they gladly accommodated me. Place was very clean, workers were very nice, esp the lady with the British accent, she was exceptionally nice when I asked for no salt. I'd gladly return on my next visit and I will recommend them to everyone. Wish I had some fish now!

Visited June 2014
Plano, TX
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum!!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

My husband is a fish and chips aficionado, so when I told him about the great reviews for The Codmother, he wanted to give it a try. We were at Alcatraz in the afternoon, so after returning to SF, we took off in search of our food truck. Thanks to Google maps, we walked right to it and were relieved to find that there wasn't a long line--though folks began to queue up shortly after we placed our order. As previous posters have noted, the staff is super friendly and makes an effort to connect with customers. Once our order was placed, we were prepared (based on the reviews we'd read) for a bit of a wait. It wasn't that bad--probably 15 to 20 minutes--but after hiking around Alcatraz all afternoon, we didn't mind resting for a few minutes! The food, once it arrived, was definitely worth the wait. Everything was piping hot, and the chips were the crispiest I've ever had. The breading on the fish was equally crispy. So delicious! Definitely worth a visit--just try to drop by sometime other than the lunch rush.

Visited May 2014
“Great food, reasonable price”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This is a little gem down by Fisherman's Wharf. It is a little outdoor bistro with roofing over head to keep the rain out. My wife and I went there and got the fish and chips, very delicious. Very generous portions for the price. The owner and her staff are the friendliest individuals you can meet. One thing you need to do is check the hours. As an example, we got there late the first night, just after they closed, we saw the owner and she advised of several good places to eat. If you are staying in the Wharf area you can do like we did and get it to go to eat back in your hotel.
This is a do not miss place when you are in the Wharf. Do not be fooled by the look of the place, it looks like a hole in the wall, but you will not be disappointed.

• Visited February 2014
Calgary
“Great Meal, Hidden Gem”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Great place for finish and chips! Not the best I have had but still very good. Dont let the look of the place turn you away. It is a hole in the wall looking food truck surrounded by a fence and some tables, hard to spot and easy to miss. Lots of food for the cost and very affordable, great filling meal for a quick casual dinner. Cooks were very friendly and high energy. Kid friendly

• Visited May 2014