“Fantastic food and fantastic service, try the Baja fish tacos.”

The Codmother Fish & Chips
Ranked #15 of 5,644 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast Food, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic food and fantastic service, try the Baja fish tacos.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I went here during my stay at fishermans wharf. I tried the Baja fish tacos and shrimp tacos. Fish tacos were amazing, shrimp were great and came in a very close second. I met the owner while eating and she was delightful and made sure everyone outside was happy. Her staff was also very nice and helpful. The food took 10-15 minutes and was well worth the wait. Wonderful food Nd wonderful service. I wish I lived in the area to enjoy it more often.

1 Thank Cdema002

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Chicago
“Awesome Fish & Chips!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Wow! The fish & chips were excellent and every bit as good as any I had in England!! We loved it and it was also reasonably priced. Enjoy!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank JeffnJulie
Florida, New York
“No need to go to England, just go to Codmother's!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Holy Mother of God! Best fish tacos I have ever had!! The crazy fries are crazy loaded with garlic and baja sauce, and crazy delicious--service is gracious, food is plentiful, fresh and hot! Wish I'd found this on my first day in the city!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Kelly M
Seattle, WA
“Recommendations were spot on!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

What a great little spot. One of our tour bus drivers recommended this place and we wanted to try it anyway based on all the great Tripadvisor reviews. We were not disappointed. The owner was very gracious and the other employees were very friendly. It's a food truck with a permanent location. There are a few tables but it's quite small. We got there about 30 min. before they were suppose to officially open but they opened 10 min. early because they knew we were waiting. The cod pieces are thick and are fried in a wonderful light beer batter. The fish was not greasy at all. One recommendation, there aren't any restrooms at this small place so keep that in mind.

1 Thank evergreen2009
Houston, Texas
“Worth the Wait for Great Fish and Chips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Great place to slow down on a busy day. Each order is made fresh, so there may be a wait, but it is worth it. We had both the fish and chips and the fish tacos. Both were delicious.

1 Thank hrs314