“Great atmosphere- amazing food”
Review of Canela Bistro Bar

Canela Bistro Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Canela Bistro Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #841 of 5,711 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Castro
Cross street: Noe St.
Transit: One block from Castro or Church Muni stations (K, L, M, J, T) Also two blocks from Noe and Duboce station for N. Multiple buses (22, 24, 23) run within a block distance of Canela.
Laguna Niguel, California
“Great atmosphere- amazing food”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I came here on a Saturday night in search of a tapas restaurant, and this was at the top of the list.

Food overall as amazing, great flavors and plenty of bread for all of the extra sauces. The ONLY thing I wish was different was the portion size; it was very very small for a tapas portion. I wish we knew this ahead of time and possibly could have planned our meal better. Other than that though, every dish we ordered was great, the service was awesome and the atmosphere was quiet and very intimate. Love the experience and would definitely go back!

• Visited April 2013

Brooklyn, New York
“Okay. Nothing Special Tapas”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

For San Franciscans I guess that this restaurant ranks as pretty darned good, but for a jaded New Yorker, Canela is a place for good beer, good wine and fair food. Service was terrific, and that makes up for some of the food's failings. I thought there was too much oil in the many different dishes we ate and my stomach felt it until late the next morning.

California can do better. If you have a moment, look for my review on Michael Warring. Now, that's a good restaurant.

Visited April 2013
San Francisco, California
“Fantastic tapas”
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Wow came here last night after we couldn't get into our favorite neighborhood spot, and now we have a new favorite neighborhood spot. Make sure you get extra bread to soak up all the wonderful sauces. Octopus, shrimp & meatballs were tops on our tasting list.

• Visited April 2013
“Remarkable Tapas Restaurant”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

This place has the finest tapas in the city. No question. Eating out in SF, I seldom write reviews unless I am surprised or wildly disappointed. This place really surprised me. What might be some of the best food in the city, reasonably priced, subtle flavors, and service that was just as great as the food. The meal and service tonight deserved a Michelin star. If you are looking for a romantic, hidden gem, come here and you'll leave happy.

1 Thank kwine
San Francisco, California
“Somewhat disappointing”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had gone with high expectations. The food is good, no doubt about it. But the portion size leaves something to be desired. The clams: small and not so good. The Jamon Iberico plate with sausage, ham, and manchego cheese is good but not $21 good. The empanadas, while good, were also overpriced.

• Visited February 2013