“Thai fast food”

Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Reviewed April 29, 2012

As an east coast resident all of our Thai restaurants are individually owned. There are some in central NJ and NYC that have developed enough of a following that the same owners have 4 or more locations but that's not the norm.

When I asked two different concierges about "good thai food" near Fisherman's Wharf, I was quickly told "King of Thai." Armed with that information my wife and I planned to enjoy enjoy a leisurely meal and share a semi-sweet bottle of white wine with our thai food. For those who have been to a King of Thai you are probably already laughing to yourselves since you know that the atmosphere is more like a Perkins or Dennys serving Thai food.

If you like spicy food, bring your own spices. I asked for my Pad Kee Mao to be "thai hot" but what I received tasted like Pad See Ew, absent heat of any measurable value. Curiously the papaya salad was spicier than expected to the point that my wife wouldn't eat more than a few fork fulls. Maybe this is also telling of my lack of sensitivity to capsaicin.

King of Thai was a very good value and offered a solid selection of Thai choices for an excellent price. I will definitely go back the next time we pass one but I'll be sure to bring my own heat.

There are newer reviews for King of Thai Noodle

Reviewed April 15, 2012

This place was excellent! Good prices, good food. I got the yellow curry chicken with a Thai iced tea. It did not disappoint. The service was very friendly!

Reviewed April 13, 2012

My wife likes Pad Thai and I prefer something spicier so as we were sharing a meal (our fourth of the day) late she picked something she thought I would like. It was neither bland nor spicy but very heavy on seafood and bland. I liked it, of course I like everything, but it was not something I would order again. The hostess and waitress were both impeccable and the restaurant was very clean. If I had picked something else I'm sure my review would have gone up a star or two but this was my impression.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

A little variety of Asian noodles but mainly Thai noodles. The food was very good and it seems to be the only Asian Restaurant in the area.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

we have been to thailand 7 or 8 times, and the duck noodles are as good as any Ive had anywhere. We ate her 3 times on a 5 day trip to San Francisco