“Amazing ambiance”
Review of Park Tavern

Park Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Park Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #126 of 5,801 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Cross street: Between Filbert St & Union St
Description: With an exciting mix of vintage fixtures, comfortable furnishings, and handsome textures, Park Tavern is an elegant spin on a North Beach neighborhood classic. Owner Anna Weinberg and designer Kendra Nicholas of Park Interiors collaborated to divide the room into unique, dedicated spaces -- the handsome marble bar, the terra cotta floored cafe with windows that open onto the patio facing Washington Park, the comfortable dining room with tufted leather banquettes, and an open kitchen with a chef’s counter. Park Tavern will showcase Chef Partner Jennifer Puccio's talents with delicious American bistro classics and emphasize seafood from a wood burning oven. From raw to fried, expect boldly flavored dishes that you'll want to eat several times a week. Serving up classic cocktails with the candor and character of an old friend, you won't find any overly fancy mixology here. But when it comes to wines, you find something for everyone!
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

The food at Park Tavern is well prepared and delicious, the ambiance is swanky yet welcoming and the service is even better. If you come try their amazing home made ice cream -- especially the peanut butter!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I decided for this restaurant following an advice of a friend and I will thank him. We opted for one bar steak and a grilled NY steak. The first comes with chips or French fries, the latter with some delicious vegetables. The service is excellent and there is a great atmosphere you can even see the kitchen staff working. Despite the restaurant being full and we didn't have any reservation the staff were extremely helpful and made us sit in few minutes. We had a jag of red wine, vermentino and another kind of grape (sorry I forgot that one!) I highly recommend it to you. The desserts were awesome, the only bad point I would serve the espresso after the dessert, at least with the dessert, but not before...not too bad the price!
Well done guys

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Park Tavern in San Francisco, on Stockton at Washington Square, is a superb restaurant, featuring an eclectic menu, I would label new American. Beginning with the best deviled egg I have ever eaten, followed by crispy brussels sprouts cups, a meal at Park Tavern is culinary heaven. My last meal featured duck three ways, and I wish it had been six ways. The service is very attentive and friendly, but not cloying. Every dish is excellently prepared and presented, and the range of choices substantial. I recommend Park Tavern for a romantic dinner or for a large gathering.

1  Thank Shiloh32148
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The food here really surprised me. It was extra fine. The breaded Artichoke hearts and cocktail started off a fun evening with an excellent staff of employees. The three of us ordered different entres and sampled each others and I will go back and order the other two as soon as I get a chance. The stuffed chicked and pork chop was incredible as well as the steak. The slice of birthday cake was so scruptous I told the waiter I coiled have been made by the Pilgrams! Go to this restaurant. You will love it. I will return for their Brunch.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We went to Park Tavern in San Francisco on Washington Square on a Thursday evening and it was wonderful. The food was fantastic and the service was excellent. I had the smoked deviled eggs appetizer which were very good and worth trying as well as the Brussels sprout salad appetizer. That was very special and I highly recommend it even if you don't like Brussels sprouts. You'll be very surprised with the flavors and textures of the leaves of this dish.
I had the poulet noir main dish which was a small Cornish game hen baked on a cast iron pit upright covered with herbs and spices. One of the best chicken dishes I've ever had.

My wife had a gnocchi - asparagus appetizer and pork cops for a main dish. All were excellent.