“Great Menu - Fabulous Bar!”
Review of Park Tavern

Park Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Park Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 5,854 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Cross street: Between Filbert St & Union St
Description: With an exciting mix of vintage fixtures, comfortable furnishings, and handsome textures, Park Tavern is an elegant spin on a North Beach neighborhood classic. Owner Anna Weinberg and designer Kendra Nicholas of Park Interiors collaborated to divide the room into unique, dedicated spaces -- the handsome marble bar, the terra cotta floored cafe with windows that open onto the patio facing Washington Park, the comfortable dining room with tufted leather banquettes, and an open kitchen with a chef’s counter. Park Tavern will showcase Chef Partner Jennifer Puccio's talents with delicious American bistro classics and emphasize seafood from a wood burning oven. From raw to fried, expect boldly flavored dishes that you'll want to eat several times a week. Serving up classic cocktails with the candor and character of an old friend, you won't find any overly fancy mixology here. But when it comes to wines, you find something for everyone!
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Saw this in the SF Chronicle top 100 - was taking a dear friend and partner out to dinner for his 73 B-day and needed a place with a great bar (martinis!) and food. The menu and bar description fit the bill. I didn't realize till I arrived that it was housed in the old Moose's. Great wait staff. Two starters you shouldn't miss were the Brussels sprouts and the lemon chips. Wow! Innovative, creative and way delicious. Who knew you could do such things with a lemon. Great martinis and a well-heeled wine list that is also reasonable. My meat-eating friends were very happy with their choices (pork chop and duck) and my veggie partner and I were thrilled with the gnocchi with fresh peas and asparagus. The gnocchi was light and then slightly grilled – wonderful. Fabulous deserts – the Mays b-day cake is great and the mint Its it was fresh. Loved the cobbler too! Great job – will be back!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here last night based on recommendation of a person at a local spa. Deviating from our usual vetting on TripAdvisor, we made our way over past the nearby park (made famous by the original Dirty Harry Movie), and had a great meal. If anything we found this place underrated. Not an extensive menu, but what they had was unusual and excellent (example: lemon chips). Service was fantastic; very attentive and responsive, where our server was frequently helped by the rest of the staff and manager. Nice detailed wine and drink list, so you are never left asking obvious questions on selection (like what beer they have on tap). We found the food well prepared, and of great quality. What's not to like. And it was easy to catch a cab afterwards at the nearby corner even though it was a bit on the late side (10:45pm).

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We were so thrilled to happen upon Park Tavern. We ended up getting seats at the communal tables at the bar - much more fun for a group of friends, I think. If you're a couple or looking for a quieter experience, you might want a table.

The cocktails at this restaurant are outstanding. As such, I had many cocktails! Standout was The Old Cuban. Once my table tried my Cuban, they all switched!

The food was also very good. We had the:

- lamb croquette (not great)
- brussel sprout chips (okay)
- Wagyu beef jerky (excellent!)
- grilled NY steak (excellent)
- poulet noir (very good)
- variations of duck (very good)

The service is excellent, with any server or the host willing to help you if your server is not around. Servers are very attentive.

Highly recommend.

1  Thank revolushun
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Reservations honored for three of us on a Saturday night. Nice table next to the windows for some good people watching. Busy restaurant and we never really felt rushed. We absolutely enjoyed our dining experience here. The menu had so many great choices...things I have not seen on any other menu...it is not a "me too" restaurant. We started with a round of martinis...cheers to a great start! For appetizers...we wanted to try everything...but narrowed down to three. We had the following... Brussels sprout chips, Burrata crispy lemon chips, and roasted beet salad. My favorite was the Burrata crispy lemon chips. Not a generous portion but sooo good. We decided to split two entrees and chose the pan seared salmon dish and Parisienne Gnocchi (appetizer made into dinner portion). Both excellent. The gnocchis were seasoned just right and were very good. Enjoyed that most of all. For dessert we chose the brûlée and also the mint ice cream. Brûlée was the winner here.
I mentioned we did not feel rushed, but I do have to say... my daughter was taking the last few lemon chips off the plate as the waiter was removing the plate...he should have just set it back down for a few more minutes. That was a little awkward.
Overall, we enjoyed our dining experience. The food around us all looked good. I do recommend.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We have been to Park Tavern before, but this time not all of us left pleased. We had reservations, but had to wait 20 minutes for our table. Standing in the bar area, we were never asked if we wanted a drink. The entire evening the service was poor. We felt rushed, our reservation was at 8:30 pm, so it was not like they had to keep us moving. Two of the eight of us did not enjoy the food. There are too many options in San Francisco, not sure we will go back.