“Very popular - good vibe”
Review of Harry's Bar

Harry's Bar
Ranked #1,892 of 5,693 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reno
“Very popular - good vibe”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This restaurant/bar is very popular with the 20-30 something crowd, hopping on weekend nights - great food, full bar, nice wine choices - in the Fillmore District - service is prompt and friendly even amidst the crowd. Excellent sweet potato fries :-)

• Visited May 2013

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Neat Place on Filmore”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stopped here for appetizers after the Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival Grand Parade.

For a Sunday the place was really hopping, had to wait like 20-30 minutes to get a table. Come to find out, the attraction was the Sunday brunch. Well not so much the brunch, I think it was the bottomless Bellini's that brought the crowd. A bottomless carafe was like $10 until mid-afternoon.

Finally seated I ordered Anchor Steamer on draught, and yep, you guessed it, the darling wife ordered a bottomless Bellini. Being there for appetizers, the wife ordered a mixed green salad and cup of tomato soup, while I had wings. Good wings, spicy and tender with a buttermilk blue cheese dressing. So good and so hot!

Our server, Cheese, yes, that was her name, was very attentive, professional, and pleasant.

Harry's is one of those places that everyone knows everyone. Another of our "be sure to go back to" places.

• Visited April 2013
London
“A perfect American bar”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

As an Englishman in San Francisco, I have to say Harry's Bar is the perfect spot.

Whenever I hit SFO, I stay in Pacific Heights and I make this my first pitstop. The staff always remember me and give a mighty welcome.

The long bar is classic Hopper in style and like my other favourite, the more chi-chi Balboa Cafe, it is the perfect spot to sit and observe the world go by. There are always eccentric locals at the bar of an afternoon and the burger is perfectly served. It's also incredibly cheap for the neighbourhood - which is a double bonus.

I like the drinks selection very much and my only criticism is that it gets a little raucous later in the night - but hey, remember this, they are Californians after all.

• Visited May 2012
UK
“OK if you're in Japantown”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed in Japantown for our honeymoon, and while there are plenty of restaurants around there, we struggled to find any good bars. We tried out Harry's Bar which is a few blocks away and an easy walk from the Japan Center. Drinks were great, although expensive, and the bartenders were quick to replace our empty glasses. Food was nice too - the fries make a good snack. The rowdy sports crowd was irritating but to be expected on a weekend.

• Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
“Fun relaxed bar good crowd good drinks!”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Went here for brunch we had lots of mimosas and bloody Mary's the food was solid it was a packed house I liked the vibe!

• Visited February 2012