“Good coffee if you have time to wait”

Blue Bottle Coffee Ferry Building
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Dallas, Texas
“Good coffee if you have time to wait”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I've been here a few times when visiting SF and the line always seems to be at least 10 people deep...but the coffee is very good. Definitely worth trying if you have the time. If you go on the weekend when they have the farmers market outside, look for their booth outside. I learned after waiting 20+ minutes inside that this line was much shorter!

1 Thank aw511

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
upstate NY
“It's coffee.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Stop in here about 7 AM on Friday. There were only a few people had me in line. Picked up a couple of half pounds of coffee's gifts since I heard so much about the coffee here. And I picked up a cup of drip coffee for $2.75. It wasn't that good. I would prefer Starbucks or Peet's. Theres a Peet's in the building here. For a really good cup of coffee or cappucino, try Caffe Treiste (near Washington Square)

1 Thank knight_w_o_armor
Canberra, Australia
“Best coffee in San Francisco”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stumbled upon this place accidentally but glad I did. The last thing I want is a dripper coffee, although you can order dripper coffee at the Blue Bottle, they do make damn good latte.
While you there, you have to try their waffle, it's one of the best waffle - not too sweet, just right. Enjoy it with the beautiful scenery, what more can I say.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Sarah D
Detroit
“Pour Over Phenom”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I lined up for this coffee at the Ferry Marketplace and holy strong coffee was it good. I must be living under a rock or something because this pour over thing they got going on in SF is news to me. You gotta line up, then wait it out while your precious individual filter works away making some of the best coffee of your life. It just goes along with the chill vibe here, I can't imagine any other major city waiting so long for their coffee.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank supernovagirlx
Seattle, Washington
“Long lines, but good coffee”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I honestly don't understand why there always seems to be a line of at least 30 people at this place. I've been here several times when the line happened to momentarily dissipate. The coffee is good. It is not appreciably better than many other places in the immediate vicinity, but it is good. Highly recommend it IF you can get in without much of a wait, but not worth waiting in a long line for.

Visited February 2013