“Delicious coffee -- a must!”

Blue Bottle Coffee Ferry Building
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
San Antonio, TX
“Delicious coffee -- a must!”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Had a cappuccino there that was delicious. Great coffee to drink while walking around the ferry building. Price was reasonable and tastes better than Starbucks. Gets pretty busy and is somewhat slow because they do drip coffee (takes about 5-7 min). Definitely not for someone in a hurry.

• Visited April 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
“Best coffee in SFO!”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

This coffee is great & by the size of the queues of people waiting to buy the coffee - I am by no means alone in my opinion! The line at the Ferry Building on Saturday morning is extremely long (luckily there is an additional stall outside at the market). What a shame there aren't more great coffee places in San Francisco & being such a foodie city it is surprising.
Check the Blue Bottle website for other locations (outside the Ferry Building) around town.

Visited March 2012
Phoenix
“The coffee is the best”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Every time I passed this coffee stand at the Ferry Building, it had a huge line. Finally, on this visit the line was shorter (it moved fairly quickly) and I decided to see what the fuss was about. The flavor of the coffee really was very good, however, my latte was not hot enough. When I make lattes at home, I need to use a thermometer. I don’t know how baristas who don’t use one manage to get milk the correct temperature. Obviously, some don’t. It appeared there was only one size coffee drink (i.e., no short, tall, grande or vente). I also felt like the baristas were a little snobbish and were too cool to be serving coffee. But the milk on my latte was just the right consistency (and I am really picky about that) and had a cute little design on the top. I ended up purchasing a half a pound of espresso to try at home. I would definitely go here again if the line was short enough

Visited April 2012
Sydney
“Best coffee in SF by far....but lets get a grip !”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Finally got to savour the great taste of BB coffee today after avoiding the huge queue present at the Farmers Market on Saturday... and it was worth it. Easily the best coffee we have had in a week in SF and on par with best coffee anywhere.

We are still a little confused why SF coffee in general in local shops etc is not at the same level ?

The speed of service and resulting queue is a little over the top. In our 15 minutes in the very slow moving queue of 10 people, a very nice local filled us in on the secrets of their success ..... smaller amounts of water expressed through amazing coffee resulting in the equivalent of 2 ristretto shots in each pour, handmade perfection ....blah blah blah !

C'mon guys !! a little mystery is OK, but seriously, visit Italy, Greece in fact most of Europe, Australia and you will get the same quality coffee in most places made in a quarter of the time without all the puffery.

Less romance and more reality would be great - the product speaks for itself. Queueing once or twice for 20 minutes is eclectic and fun...after that its a grind !!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank OzFamily50
cape cod, ma
“Smoothest Coffee around”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I was excited to go back to the rich full bodied cup of coffee I had several years ago and was pleasantly surprised when I came back.

The line seemed daunting as I strolled into the Blue Bottle Coffee store in the Ferry Building- but knew that the wait in line was gonna be worth it.

Not only was I on a mission to capture "the darkest- richest beans" for a friend to bring back North- but I needed a smooth cup o joe.

The server was pleasant and helpful in his suggestion of what to purchase and not at all pushy that i was clueless as to where these dark beans of life were on the shelves.

With 3 bags in hand I then ordered my melodic juice of the Gods that would help me echo the flavors of past visits.

If you are in a rush for your coffee- go someplace else. This is grind per order- enveloped with steeped water and allowed to drip slowly and with the timetable of someone who knows that they get at the end of the rainbow.

Well- TSA did not confiscate my beans and as I ground the first pot up North I was able to reminisce of my long awaited journey to the store of Good Coffee! And my friend is happy too.

• Visited January 2012